What is Eckington like?

Originally posted by Mo

LMAO

Ahh ..... I rest my case - you did say you live in Eckington, right ?

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Mo

LMAO

Why does this amuse you Mo?

Originally posted by Lindseyw

Ahh ..... I rest my case - you did say you live in Eckington, right ?

:rolleyes:

I'm not going to stumble to your level Lindsey, but to suggest that everybody who lives in Eckington is a white racist is totally ludicrous. Almost as ludicrous as saying that everybody who lives in Darnall are asian racists or in Burngreave black racists.

But why did my post amuse you Mo?

Originally posted by Mo

but to suggest that everybody who lives in Eckington is a white racist is totally ludicrous. Almost as ludicrous as saying that everybody who lives in Darnall are asian racists or in Burngreave black racists.

???? Care to explain exactly when I did that ?

Anyway I'm not interested in playing silly tittle tattle games.

i stated the facts and you didn't like it ....unlucky.

I expect the stupidity of the statement about it being a fine place if you are white british and have no wish to integrate made her chuckle.

Originally posted by Lindseyw

???? Care to explain exactly when I did that ?

Anyway I'm not interested in playing silly tittle tattle games.

i stated the facts and you didn't like it ....unlucky.

I think it's fair to assume then that you don't like Eckington but don't live there.

I lived there for over 20 years and found it to be like most areas in the south of Sheffield/north east Derbyshire. Much like Sothall with its fair share of crime and youths etc.

Originally posted by chri5

Much like Sothall with its fair share of crime and youths etc.

I currently live IN Sothall and although yes there are 'youths' that live round here. They're no trouble what so ever. At all.

And crime.... since we've been here there has been no crime to speak of. Where you've got your info from... you're mistaken I'm afraid to say!

Originally posted by Cyclone

I expect the stupidity of the statement about it being a fine place if you are white british and have no wish to integrate made her chuckle.

That is my experience of the place. Everyone has their own experience. I was merely pointing out my personal experience. I was not being personal as was Mo.

Originally posted by DaBouncer

I currently live IN Sothall and although yes there are 'youths' that live round here. They're no trouble what so ever. At all.

And crime.... since we've been here there has been no crime to speak of. Where you've got your info from... you're mistaken I'm afraid to say!

I'm just going on reports of car thefts and breakings near the Belfry pub, that's Sothall isn't it?

But I didn't mean to bring attention to Sothall, after living in and near the area I've found not much difference in Beighton/Sothall/Mosborough/Westfield/Killamarsh or Eckington!

You're right that is Sothall, but I can honestly say hand on heart that I've never seen/heard or read about any car crime or other in or around Sothall in the time I've lived here (2 yrs) or the time my friends have lived here (about 6 yrs).

However I'm not saying it's never happened, but I'd go as far as to say IMHO out of ALL the areas you mentioned Sothall is BY FAR the best put of all.

Voted Top 3 in the Country as the best place to live so it can't be bad at all!

Originally posted by DaBouncer

You're right that is Sothall, but I can honestly say hand on heart that I've never seen/heard or read about any car crime or other in or around Sothall in the time I've lived here (2 yrs) or the time my friends have lived here (about 6 yrs).

However I'm not saying it's never happened, but I'd go as far as to say IMHO out of ALL the areas you mentioned Sothall is BY FAR the best put of all.

Voted Top 3 in the Country as the best place to live so it can't be bad at all!

Its only cause there's nothing there at Sothall so all the "Youths" have gone out to somewhere more interesting.

To wreak havock at your surrounding villages. i.e. Eckington