Ethnic areas in Sheffield

In Birmingham & the black country there quite a few areas which are very obviously split down on race and religion. This is obvious from the result of immigration in the 1950s/1960s

For example Sparkbrook is a predominately Muslim area

Smethwick is very much a Sikh area and Alum Rock is very much Black African This is very obvious and it is isnt a criticism , it just the way the city has evolved.

There is quite a bit of data to back this up.

Does Sheffield have such a split of areas? or is to small a place for that to happen?

Edited by Realgonekid1

Thanks that's interesting. Was migration from the sub continent not such a big thing in Sheffield as In other areas during the 50s etc?

Edited by Realgonekid1

I should add there is plenty of data to back this up and other things , for example Smethwick has a large n

I think you’ll find Smethwick doesn’t have a ‘n’ at all, large or not.

I think you need to recheck your data sources.

You’re welcome.

Sadly too many areas of Sheffield are lacking ethics.

I think you’ll find Smethwick doesn’t have a ‘n’ at all, large or not.

I think you need to recheck your data sources.

You’re welcome.

Sorry I was trying to edit the post on my phone

Sadly too many areas of Sheffield are lacking ethics.

Agree. Not enough Americans; Canadians; Australians & New Zealanders or rich Russians for me.

In Birmingham & the black country there quite a few areas which are very obviously split down on race and religion. This is obvious from the result of immigration in the 1950s/1960s

For example Sparkbrook is a predominately Muslim area

Smethwick is very much a Sikh area and Alum Rock is very much Black African This is very obvious and it is isnt a criticism , it just the way the city has evolved.

There is quite a bit of data to back this up.

Does Sheffield have such a split of areas? or is to small a place for that to happen?

'Split' would imply clear segregation, but that doesn't happen, there's always some mixing.

Have a look at this. You can change the categories using the drop down menu in the top right. You will see that there are areas where certain ethnic groups are more prevalent.

http://datashine.org.uk/#table=QS201EW&col=QS201EW0002&ramp=RdYlGn&layers=BTTT&zoom=12&lon=-1.4869&lat=53.3657

THat's brilliant, thank you.

'Split' would imply clear segregation, but that doesn't happen, there's always some mixing.

Ok I don't mean a clean split but there are obviously clear areas if you have ever lived in Birmingham (for example) and the data map shows it