East Midlands Airport

Hi Im driving to East Midlands Airport during early hours of Friday 21/09/18. Does anyone know of the roadworks and possible diversions? Thank you

I drove to Manchester airport last night and quite a few of the roads were closed. If you type in on Google, sheffield to east midlands airport, it shows what roads are closed, or at least it did for me, and the fastest route.

I drove to Leicester via the M1 on Sunday. There is a lengthy stretch that has road works with a 50mph speed limit but three lanes were open and there was no hold up. As you are travelling early morning there shouldn't be any problem.

Depends how early. I was in standing traffic at jct 25 at 6:10am last week. Worth noting that overnight they might shut the motorway completely. Highways agency website might shed a bit of light on it.

Depends how early. I was in standing traffic at jct 25 at 6:10am last week. Worth noting that overnight they might shut the motorway completely. Highways agency website might shed a bit of light on it.

The airport junctiion is closed during the the early hours I went to the next junction, took the Ashby road, came of at the first turn off, went back down, the airport is clearly marked, about 16 miles diversion. I left Chesterfield at 2:30 am, it took me 1 hour.

Edited by Billam
Not enough info.

I drove to Manchester airport last night and quite a few of the roads were closed. If you type in on Google, sheffield to east midlands airport, it shows what roads are closed, or at least it did for me, and the fastest route.

So, you drove to Manchester following advice about road works in the East Midlands.

Not from Sheffield then?

No, I'm saying that 2 out of the 3 routes I was told about were closed meaning I had to use the other. Only said to use Google as they have traffic and road closure updates. I used manchester instead of east Midlands obviously, but just trying to help OP.

---------- Post added 20-09-2018 at 16:53 ----------

And yes, I am from sheffield.

The airport junctiion is closed during the the early hours I went to the next junction, took the Ashby road, came of at the first turn off, went back down, the airport is clearly marked, about 16 miles diversion. I left Chesterfield at 2:30 am, it took me 1 hour.

Hi Billam

How recent was the closure of the slip road up to EM airport ?

Hi Billam

How recent was the closure of the slip road up to EM airport ?

Last Saturday.