Should Dwarf wrestling be banned?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Dwarf wrestling be banned?

• Yes it should be banned
    • No it shouldn't be banned
    • It's a freakshow
    • How far can you chuck em?
    • They should be able to make a living if they so wish

I like Dwarf wrestling, nothing wrong with it, I don't stand a chance against bigger people.

If they're doing it of their own free will and making a decent living from it, i.e not being undercut by management and/or venue then let it be.

Sick and tired of people being offended on behalf of 'minority groups' without even asking said group if it upsets them !

None of the performers seemed particularly offended by their job, I'm sure they were quite upset that they're jobs have been taken away from them in the name of protecting their dignity.

Hopefully the bank accepts dignity as payment towards a mortgage??

Dwarf-wrestling seems barbaric, degrading, humiliating and sizist.

It also sounds a lot of fun, and yes, I’d watch it the once, just for the morbid fascination, if nothing else :D

---------- Post added 17-09-2018 at 03:34 ----------

I like Dwarf wrestling, nothing wrong with it, I don't stand a chance against bigger people.

Dunno ‘bout that.

You feeling strong, my friend? Call me elf, one more time.

Edited by The Joker

Next, we will get an agenda from the PC crackpots to ban the paraplegic Olympics because they highlight people's disabilities.:nono:

TBH a dwarf would wup my ass :)

---------- Post added 17-09-2018 at 08:01 ----------

Replace the word dwarf with woman, gay or black. Do the objections seem acceptable then?

Of course not, so whats the problem? If they want to make an income then why not?

If the contestants are happy to do it, I don't see a problem. A person who enjoys taking part in wrestling and has dwarfism would be more equally matched with someone of a similar size/build.

I do get slightly annoyed at the stereotyping of small people in TV shows, when they depict people with dwarfism as being angry and wanting to fight. But that's more because it's lazy writing using the same tired old stereotypes.

TBH a dwarf would wup my ass :)

---------- Post added 17-09-2018 at 08:01 ----------

Replace the word dwarf with woman, gay or black. Do the objections seem acceptable then?

Of course not, so whats the problem? If they want to make an income then why not?

This is harking back to the sexism row around the darts walk-on girls etc.

If it offends you, don't watch it... this is a concept many fail to grasp. If someone wants to do something, and it's not illegal, why not let them do it. If the people in question didn't want to be part of it, it wouldn't exist.

Basically: "People are free to do what they want, as long as it doesn't offend me..."

If it offends you, don't watch it... this is a concept many fail to grasp.

The worst part is those who've taken offence had no interest in it prior to making the decision that they were going to kick up a fuss.

You could bet that those who took offence to the walk on girls at darts or the pit lane girls on the racing had never watched either sport before in their life.

The worst part is those who've taken offence had no interest in it prior to making the decision that they were going to kick up a fuss.

You could bet that those who took offence to the walk on girls at darts or the pit lane girls on the racing had never watched either sport before in their life.

Its a stain on modern society ,that has infested everyday life, where some people get offended on behalf of others.