Stabbing at Corp night club 10/09/2018

Right wing bigot … really, less of the abuse please, you don't know me any more than I know you, your hypocrisy has just shot you down as it seems your the one here intolerant of other peoples views.

I know what people report as hate crime, I have family members in the police force, I can assure you some report the most minor and trivial things now and that's the point I'm making, there is a difference between abuse and being offended but hey :roll:

It's a discussion forum Paula, we don't have to agree, I disagree with a lot of people on here and they disagree with me, I can call out what I think are bad comparisons, like name calling to stabbing etc and by the leftist standards some hold on here I am right wing, but I'm certainly not a bigot !

Maybe leave people to be offended then without telling them they shouldn't be?

Oh...you might want to have a word with those 'family members in the police'. If they really are happily letting you know about hate crimes people have reported they're in breach of ther code of conduct- a pretty serious offence.

Letting people know about that on a public forum isn't going to go down too well....

---------- Post added 12-09-2018 at 14:17 ----------

The defintion of a bigot is someone who is intolerant to those holding different opinions.

Therefore calling someone a "right-wing" bigot on a forum because you presumably disagree with right-wing views doesn't do a lot of good in demonstrating that this wrong.

Arguably it's reinforcing it.

Vicious circle that....if you called someone a "racist bigot" for example, they could argue you are simply intolerant of their racism! It basically means you can never ever call somone a bigot- they could ultimately argue you are inyolerant of their intolerance!

Shall we go with 'claptrap' instead? 'Right wing claptrap'. There!

Edited by paula4sheff

The defintion of a bigot is someone who is intolerant to those holding different opinions

It depends on whose definition you use.

Most definitions of bigotry are of someone who has strongly held 'unreasonable' views. The word unreasonably is a very important part of the definition. Without it, you could call me a bigot for being intolerant to Gary Gliiter's view that having sex with children is OK.

Guest makapaka
It depends on whose definition you use.

Most definitions of bigotry are of someone who has strongly held 'unreasonable' views. The word unreasonably is a very important part of the definition. Without it, you could call me a bigot for being intolerant to Gary Gliiter's view that having sex with children is OK.

Yeah fair point - but trying to defend online abuse by calling someone a right wing bigot isn’t the best is it?

Yeah fair point - but trying to defend online abuse by calling someone a right wing bigot isn’t the best is it?

I'm not entirely sure that paula is trying to defend online abuse.

Guest makapaka
I'm not entirely sure that paula is trying to defend online abuse.

I meant argue against online abuse.

I meant argue against online abuse.

The kind of online abuse and deliberate spreading of disinformation paula is referring to, is a hate crime.

Calling someone a right wing bigot on an Internet forum is what the young people would call banter. There is a very wide gulf between the two things.

They can still stop you anytime anyway if they think youre up to no good, if bobbies are on the beat surely knife carriers would feel more uneasy than not having any bobbies on the beat?

So are you in favour of more stop and search ?

The personal comments and name calling ends here.

Back on topic please.

So are you in favour of more stop and search ?

Very much so if it prevents scrotes from stabbing people.

Would you think that less stabbings were a bad outcome?

Very much so if it prevents scrotes from stabbing people.

Would you think that less stabbings were a bad outcome?

What on earth do you mean ?

Have the police shut the club down like they do to the others?

I see what you are getting at! It was a baseline event after all.