New roundabout Moss Way

Noticed today they have put one of those electronic speed display signs up as you approach the roundabout from the police station.

Noticed that too. Possibly as a result of the car that ended up in the trees on the other side of the roundabout a week or so ago.

12 hours ago, simonj said:

Noticed that too. Possibly as a result of the car that ended up in the trees on the other side of the roundabout a week or so ago.

Didn't know about that but I can't say I am surprised the way the some drivers approach the roundabout from the police station. Like I said it is probably because they can see there is no traffic coming towards the roundabout from straight on so see there will be no one turning right across them and forget that traffic is coming out of BSL.

Its far to small for the buses and the volume of traffic! Someone as dropped a major clanger! Definitely needs  traffic light dispite the said extra cost do it properly from the start instead of making matters worst.

Well the digital speed alert sign has been there for over two weeks and I have still not seen it working.

Edited by iansheff

We use this roundabout several times a week and think it’s working very well,  it has stopped the problem of turning right out of Birley Spa Lane onto Moss Way.

11 hours ago, rainbow2411 said:

We use this roundabout several times a week and think it’s working very well,  it has stopped the problem of turning right out of Birley Spa Lane onto Moss Way.

I use it every day both ways to and from work and agree that it does work very well. The filter area for the right turn into Beighton Road has also reduced the queues that used to build up towards the main roundabout by the police station. The only thing that you can't legislate for is the idiots who ignore or don't understand roundabout rules, and/or don't indicate! 

20 hours ago, rainbow2411 said:

Personally find it causes more traffic at key times and still see buses waiting due to the volume of traffic going away from the police station 

There is no doubt it has eased the congestion but it is the idiots that are driving way too fast and have no chance of stopping as they approach the roundabout, also some people don't seem to know how to use roundabouts. Several times I have come from the police station end indicated to turn left down BSL and turned really slowly so that  people have been able to get out and they have just sat waiting, spurning the opportunity to get out of BSL. The speed warning sign still wasn't working yesterday, surely it doesn't take 3 weeks to get it working.

Edited by iansheff

23 hours ago, iansheff said:

There is no doubt it has eased the congestion but it is the idiots that are driving way too fast and have no chance of stopping as they approach the roundabout, also some people don't seem to know how to use roundabouts. Several times I have come from the police station end indicated to turn left down BSL and turned really slowly so that  people have been able to get out and they have just sat waiting, spurning the opportunity to get out of BSL. The speed warning sign still wasn't working yesterday, surely it doesn't take 3 weeks to get it working.

Always have to give way to the right so the traffic still ends up sitting there, so dont see much improvement at all. Since the works have spent more time sat in traffic there then ever before and almost everyone I know who uses the road says the same. Also given the size of roundabout and buses struggling to get over it having to go dead slow then means having to wait.

Used to always let traffic come out of the side road and now have no opportunity 

18 hours ago, jaffa1 said:

It's  working today.

It isn't working today just been on there.