Serious incident in Barnsley town centre 08/09/2018 - Woman charged.

They just translated what she said so the public would understand what she was saying.

I'm not sure they translated anything.

In every report that I have read, all the eye witnesses said that all she was saying was 'Kill, kill' or 'Kill people!'. Even the Daily Mail who never pass up an opportunity to stir things only quote her as saying 'Kill, kill'.

I have family who live in Barnsley and some work in Barnsley center.

The story being pushed by the press is NOT what occurred.

Much of the story is being hidden for some strange reason.

So what is the real story?

It really does appear like some random mentalist going crackers with a knife rather than a terrorist attack.

According to SYP Twitter feed she's being "assessed from a mental health perspective".

thank the Evil Tories for cutting £billions on mental health since 2010

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/mental-health-figures-depression-anxiety-children-tory-government-theresa-may-pledge-end-stigma-a7517531.html

It really does appear like some random mentalist going crackers with a knife rather than a terrorist attack.

Yes, can we leave the crackerjack conspiracy theories to Trump supporters in the US?

The suspect did not shout anything in English and what she did shout has been misquoted.

The suspect did not shout anything in English and what she did shout has been misquoted.

[Citation required]

What's the 'truth' then?

Why not?

I don't jump to conclusions so I don't see why any other reasonable adult should either.

In 2017, there were 1,292,405 violent incidents recorded, of which 6 were terror related.

2017 was a particularly bad year for terrorism in the UK yet only 0.000464% of all violent incidents were terrorism.

Yeah right, hypocritical left wing cranks never jump to conclusions do they :suspect: Your stat quotations are irrelevant, people, just like the media, will always jump to conclusions, if someone drives a vehicle at people or attacks random strangers in the street with knives or machetes, these days it will naturally be considered to be a possible terrorist incident first and foremost, and the police initially treating incidents as such vouch for that.

Do you remember the Polish guy who was attacked and died just after the Brexit vote and all the jumping to conclusions then, both in the media and on here …. turned out to be nonsense, but leftist nonsense of course !

How would reporting what she said in the language she used that most of the readers/viewers don't understand help inform the public? Imagine the outcry if they had done that. They just translated what she said so the public would understand what she was saying.

Why not report it verbatim and then add the translation in parsenthesis?

Not doing so and having witnesses publicly declare that what is being reported isn't accurate not only leads to distrust of the media and makes it look like they're trying to control how the the incident looks, as if there is an agenda to hide the truth.

Why not report it verbatim and then add the translation in parsenthesis?

Not doing so and having witnesses publicly declare that what is being reported isn't accurate not only leads to distrust of the media and makes it look like they're trying to control how the the incident looks, as if there is an agenda to hide the truth.

I've had a brief search for people claiming to be eye witnesses saying she wasn't speaking English and can't find any. I can find lots some people claiming that an eye witness said that, but not from credible sources. It all seems to be nth hand claims of the 'someone said someone said' variety. So at the moment it I can only conclude it originates from people making stuff up.

As you were one of the people claiming witnesses have claimed she wasn't speaking English, perhaps you could provide your source so we can judge the veracity of it for ourselves.

Woman charged with attempted murder over Barnsley stabbing, as police rule out any connection to terrorism

We are satisfied that this was an isolated incident by a single person. We would therefore ask the public to stop reinforcing the rumour that there were multiple people involved.

From...

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/woman-charged-with-attempted-murder-over-barnsley-stabbing-as-police-rule-out-any-connection-to-terrorism-1-9341110

Shes been charged with attempted murder, affray and possession of an offensive weapon.

So at the moment it I can only conclude it originates from people making stuff up.

Would this be the same people who are claiming that the heroic market trader who talked the woman into putting the knife down is in fact a known terrorist and was part of the attack? :suspect: