Climate Change thread

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Of course I wouldn't like to go! I'm just as self-serving, self-centered and destrucive as the next man...

But that's kinda the point. We are self-serving and destructive, it's in our nature, it is just what we do. The planet, and all it's other inhabitants, I am sure would get along much better without us.

I agree fella, we are a pox on this planet, raping, killing and destroying

Informative presentation, "The Chemistry of Coal":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qi4rrQoruQ

So looks like climate change will be sorted now.  So all these children have decided not to turn up to school this has caused all the major polluters to suddenly change their policies and reduce climate change. 

See we dont have to worry about it now.  All sorted 

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/feb/15/uk-climate-change-strike-school-pupils-children-environment-protest

4 minutes ago, woodmally said:

So looks like climate change will be sorted now.  So all these children have decided not to turn up to school this has caused all the major polluters to suddenly change their policies and reduce climate change. 

That is a very negative tone, how would you make people change?

1 minute ago, El Cid said:

Not that obviously as it wont work. Firstly because some kids will use it as an excuse not to go to school and secondly it will have no impact.  Better to educate kids to reduce carbon footprint. Encourage parents to do better. Energy saving is a good example. Not driving 5 mins down the road to school and parking outside is another.   There are lots of positive actions that can work. This will have no impact at all. 

34 minutes ago, woodmally said:

If people hadn't stood up against it we would still have slavery, children up chimneys and working down the pit, women wouldn't be allowed to vote, and homosexuality would still be illegal.

37 minutes ago, El Cid said:

We need America and China to change first, if they carry on regardless then all our efforts are basically just pis*ing in the wind.

It doesn't mean we shouldn't try though, someone needs to set a good example for others to follow.

I am more concerned about clearly pushy parents thrusting their own views on their children.  

In fact I would go further and say that I was very disturbed by hearing a four year old on the radio delivering what sounded very much like a scripted and ROTE learned comment.   Are we really supposed to believe a four year old child has on their own merit thought up a freeform comment including words such as "climate change". "my future" "prevention" and  "next 30 years".

God knows what yummy mummy and hipster daddy threatened to do to her toys to force her into saying that live on air.  

Disgusting behaviour.   Using the kids to further their own self righteous agenda.  

As others have said better education on the effects and prevention is what is needed not a load of silly stunts and blatent using of your children to grab attention. 

Edited by ECCOnoob

Lefty indoctrination.

47 minutes ago, woodmally said:

Better to educate kids to reduce carbon footprint. Encourage parents to do better. Energy saving is a good example. 

Climate change is a political issue as well as a lifestyle one so protest as important as switching lights off when you leave a room.

Also on a wider level we desperately need a generation who question what they are being told by their elders and betters. This applies to all issues, not just climate change.

33 minutes ago, geared said:

We need America and China to change first, if they carry on regardless then all our efforts are basically just pis*ing in the wind.

It doesn't mean we shouldn't try though, someone needs to set a good example for others to follow.

China isn't doing too badly according to this: https://www.climate-change-performance-index.org/

Edited by horribleblob
Puta crash mid message

16 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Also on a wider level we desperately need a generation who question what they are being told by their elders and betters. This applies to all issues, not just climate change.

If they could start by questioning the rubbish they read on social media that would be a good start.

Unfortunately there are far too many people who will take something as gospel just because their idiot mate reposted it.