Jump to content

Climate Change thread

Recommended Posts

Just a though but why isn't there an insistence that every new build, (including & especially local authority properties),  have to have, where feasible, solar panels fitted & appropriately sized wind turbines? 

 

It'll all contribute to helping the environment,  provide plenty of work in the manufacturing process & start to bring the product price down. 

 

Small,  aggregated changes eventually go a long way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wind turbines : there's a massive loss of efficiency at the small scale.

 

(don't build 1,000,000 small turbines, put all the resources into one really big one)

 

solar panels : they're still quite expensive, adding a lot of cost to already expensive houses.

 

(an array of meaningful size will cost thousands, with 10-20 years payback)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Just a though but why isn't there an insistence that every new build, (including & especially local authority properties),  have to have, where feasible, solar panels fitted & appropriately sized wind turbines? 

 

It'll all contribute to helping the environment,  provide plenty of work in the manufacturing process & start to bring the product price down. 

 

Small,  aggregated changes eventually go a long way. 

If only we had some sort group of elected representatives who might be able to make that law. Or even another group of people who could stipulate it’s part of a planning application, and it won’t get passed without significant environmental savings. 

 

But move a green belt line a bit to fit a few more houses in? No problem!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As we make 0.7% of the worlds pollution whatever we do to reduce it farther is a compete and utter waste of time. Get the real polluters on board, USA, China and India then progress can be made. Otherwise it's like piddling in the sea and thinking it will make a difference.

 

Angel1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/04/2019 at 11:28, ads36 said:

That blog that's full of lies and cherry picking? That blog?

 

Right.

This one,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

As we make 0.7% of the worlds pollution whatever we do to reduce it farther is a compete and utter waste of time. Get the real polluters on board, USA, China and India then progress can be made. Otherwise it's like piddling in the sea and thinking it will make a difference.

 

Angel1.

How about we lead by example? How about we reduce particulates in our cities?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check-out the Climate Change Tracker, see how well countries are doing to meet the notional 2 degree celsius target.
Notice that Russia, USA & Saudi Arabia are doing sod all. The upshot being the planet will probably zip past the 3 celsius mark.

 

https://climateactiontracker.org/countries/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drinking water will become the first major issue,as we poision the rivers and oceans that supply our needs,that supply is already very acidic,70% of all supply is agricultural,the wash off with chemical content enters the supply chain,you can only wash acid for so long,the oceans are dying,have a look at the bay of bengal,64 000 square kms of dead sea.

Water supply will become a major issue within 10 years unless we de carbonate the atmosphere,coral reefs are already dying,pretty soon melting ice will release lethal levels of methane,which wont escape the atmosphere and will be1000s of times more lethal than carbon.

Some effects of global warming are unpredictable,we have so many echo systems that are finite in balance,the loss of just one could have catastrophic effects,and are irreversible

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 05/05/2019 at 01:31, staninoodle said:

Drinking water will become the first major issue,as we poision the rivers and oceans that supply our needs,that supply is already very acidic,70% of all supply is agricultural,the wash off with chemical content enters the supply chain,you can only wash acid for so long,the oceans are dying,have a look at the bay of bengal,64 000 square kms of dead sea.

Water supply will become a major issue within 10 years unless we de carbonate the atmosphere,coral reefs are already dying,pretty soon melting ice will release lethal levels of methane,which wont escape the atmosphere and will be1000s of times more lethal than carbon.

Some effects of global warming are unpredictable,we have so many echo systems that are finite in balance,the loss of just one could have catastrophic effects,and are irreversible

 

This is too much wisdom in one post. I really hope the Government is working toward this issues.

Edited by nikki-red

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, cristalker said:

This is too much wisdom in one post. I really hope the Government is working toward this issues.

It's scaremongering tripe. I'd put all my money on there being no issue with our water supply within 10 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.