Climate Change thread

10 minutes ago, retep said:

The map shows the number of coal fired power stations, the ignorant and thick can't see their wallets being emptied.

They will when the lights go out, and it's cold.

Here you go, fake news: https://www.climatecentral.org/gallery/graphics/the-10-hottest-global-years-on-record

6 minutes ago, retep said:

The map shows the number of coal fired power stations, the ignorant and thick can't see their wallets being emptied.

They will when the lights go out, and it's cold.

What's the link between the number of coal fired power stations and wealth? Have you never heard of renewable energy or are you just being deliberately obtuse? (I think I can guess) 

Also, you still haven't explained how or why you think any of this disproves the reality of global warming - are you going to try, or is it just a case of 'I don't want to believe it, so I won't'?

46 minutes ago, Halibut said:

What's the link between the number of coal fired power stations and wealth? Have you never heard of renewable energy or are you just being deliberately obtuse? (I think I can guess) 

Also, you still haven't explained how or why you think any of this disproves the reality of global warming - are you going to try, or is it just a case of 'I don't want to believe it, so I won't'?

None, it's the lack of them where the wealth is, they become the customer.

Have you ever wondered what the cost of that renewable energy is, how much energy is required to make the concrete for the base of a wind generator, how much energy is required to make the rest of one, how much devastation the mining of the rare earth minerals cause.

Good for the kids who are doing it. Learning to stand up and speak for what you believe in is good. They won't change the world today, but hopefully in time they can.

1 minute ago, retep said:

None, it's the lack of them where the wealth is, they become the customer.

Have you ever wondered what the cost of that renewable energy is, how much energy is required to make the concrete for the base of a wind generator, how much energy is required to make the rest of one, how much devastation the mining of the rare earth minerals cause.

Of course there are costs involved in renewable energy, but reliance on fossil fuels is unsustainable.  You pretending that climate change isn't real isn't going to make it go away though.

1 minute ago, Halibut said:

Of course there are costs involved in renewable energy, but reliance on fossil fuels is unsustainable.  You pretending that climate change isn't real isn't going to make it go away though.

The climate has always changed, what are you going to do to stop it?

20 minutes ago, retep said:

The climate has always changed, what are you going to do to stop it?

Not at the rate it is now.

Dont have to be einstein to realize pumping millions if tons of co2 into the atmosphere, while cutting down billions of trees, is going to have an impact.

1 hour ago, woodview said:

Dont have to be Einstein to realize pumping millions if tons of co2 into the atmosphere, while cutting down billions of trees, is going to have an impact.

Climate change has been taught in schools for over 10 years and in the media for over 20; anyone that does not get it clearly does not want to listen.

Sometimes that is because they are wealthy and do not want to change their lifestyle, sometimes they just have a negative view of science in general.

25 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Climate change has been taught in schools for over 10 years and in the media for over 20; anyone that does not get it clearly does not want to listen.

Sometimes that is because they are wealthy and do not want to change their lifestyle, sometimes they just have a negative view of science in general.

Or they may just be questioning not there's an agenda behind the propaganda. Because it is propaganda, whether you believe in man made climate change or not. It may be necessary propaganda but people are free to question it.

1 hour ago, woodview said:

Dont have to be einstein to realize pumping millions if tons of co2 into the atmosphere, while cutting down billions of trees, is going to have an impact.

Talking of trees, 

"Termite gas production has become particularly high, the researchers say, because widespread clearing of land has offered them abundant food in the debris of felled forests. By digesting this debris, they are adding not only carbon dioxide but also methane to the atmosphere. Other researchers have found that methane in the atmosphere is increasing 2 percent a year."

https://www.nytimes.com/1982/10/31/us/termite-gas-exceeds-smokestack-pollution.html

i see the climate change propaganda has got the right on skoolkids  and shouty students all revved up today?

a few pupils have gone on "strike" to make people aware of so called climate change. dont they think they would be better off learning to progress in the world?

listening to some of them interviewed they sounded just like the offspring of "waitrose" mummies. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47250424