Climate Change thread

11 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Have it your own convoluted logic way, amigo.

It's not at all convoluted, climate predictions are not based on random chance...

...as such your claims fall flat. :?

11 minutes ago, trastrick said:

I've no desire to follow your semantic rabbit holes!

Input/Output.... highly complex semantics... not... :roll:

Just now, altus said:

Still, you carry on giving the impression you don't understand what you're talking about.

It's not an impression! :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

That was funny it made me laugh.  It wouldn't surprise me if it's the Sun that's getting increasingly hot and nothing to do with mankind.  

Hmmm... :huh:

The 'forum experts' are busily Googling to disprove your assertion as we speak.

Prepare yourself for a severe reprimand as soon as the relevant research has been completed... ;)

7 minutes ago, Magilla said:

It's not an impression! :thumbsup:

I'm leaving open the possibility that he does understand it but thinks we're stupid enough to fall for such nonsense like the idiots on the Trump supporters forums he frequents do. Of course, he could just be one of those idiots.

Just now, altus said:

Aircraft fly because of modelling. Bridges stay up because of modelling. Electricity companies work out how much electricity they need to generate with modelling[1]. etc.

Huge parts of your life are practical because of modelling. Still, you carry on giving the impression you don't understand what you're talking about.

[1] Apart from in Texas where they fail to generate enough to meet demand.

Sometimes :

Aircraft do crash.

Bridges do fail

Electric has blackouts

Inflation is "temporary" claim ecominists.

Hillary beats Trump claim expert pundits

Fossil Fuels depleted by 2000, and earlier say experts

Population Bomb 1970s

For more failed predictions see

50 Years of Failed Doomsday, Eco-pocalyptic Predictions; the So-called ‘experts’ Are 0-50

https://www.aei.org/carpe-diem/50-years-of-failed-doomsday-eco-pocalyptic-predictions-the-so-called-experts-are-0-50/

All based on somebody's "modeling"

Lol

Just now, altus said:

I'm leaving open the possibility that he does understand it but thinks we're stupid enough to fall for such nonsense like the idiots on the Trump supporters forums he frequents do. Of course, he could just be one of those idiots.

I do know that that those who believe I frequent Trump supporter forums, are talking through their asses!

I'm outa here for today, but may be back tomorrow!

Feel free to talk amongst yourselves :)

Lol

Edited by trastrick

Guest sibon
3 hours ago, trastrick said:

I didn't claim it was a "left wing conspiracy".

You did, you know.

Are you forgetting what you’ve written again?

4 hours ago, trastrick said:

That was until I really looked into the science, and found that the Left had commandeered and appropriated the issue in their fight against Western Capitalism.

I found they could, and did, blame any kind of weather on their Global Warming/Capitalism convergent theories.. 

Edited by sibon

59 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

The 'forum experts' are busily Googling to disprove your assertion as we speak.

Prepare yourself for a severe reprimand as soon as the relevant research has been completed... ;)

Yes I was thinking the same.  Might be wrong tho.

2 hours ago, trastrick said:

Sometimes :

Aircraft do crash.

Bridges do fail

Electric has blackouts

None fail by random chance, those outcomes would be accurately predicted by the appropriate model if the same factors were fed into it... the outcome is not in doubt!

These are all examples of the sort of thing that happens if you ignore or dismiss problems and not address them.... addressing them would be the equivalent of your"ponzi-scheme" claims re: climate action...

...which highlights just how stupid and ill-thought through a comment it really was! :thumbsup:

Edited by Magilla

10 hours ago, CaptainSwing said:

If that's what you think, then what you've been "really looking into" is not "the science".

I think your knowledge of climate science is as shaky as your knowledge of set theory was shown to be a few months ago.

What you "think" is not my problem!  :)

15 hours ago, CaptainSwing said:

If that's what you think, then what you've been "really looking into" is not "the science".

I think your knowledge of climate science is as shaky as your knowledge of set theory was shown to be a few months ago.

Having watched 'Big Oil vs the World' on BBC2 last night, it seems even the accredited Scientists and experts can't get their message across, when up against the vested interests of the Big Oil companies who spew lies, fake news and doubt with abandon in the interests of keeping their sales and profits up. 

How can scientists et al compete against these Mega rich Corporate Giants, who have the ear of governments and pay their own propaganda machine well to delay change and investment in new technology if it could threaten their mega bucks business. They care nothing for the planet or the people who inhabit it.They are richer than some countries, and are powerful enough to buy favourable research, and control governments, the media and the markets. 

Who is strong enough to stand up to these meglomaniac bullies?

Just now, Anna B said:

Having watched 'Big Oil vs the World' on BBC2 last night, it seems even the accredited Scientists and experts can't get their message across, when up against the vested interests of the Big Oil companies who spew lies, fake news and doubt with abandon in the interests of keeping their sales and profits up. 

How can scientists et al compete against these Mega rich Corporate Giants, who have the ear of governments and pay their own propaganda machine well to delay change and investment in new technology if it could threaten their mega bucks business. They care nothing for the planet or the people who inhabit it.They are richer than some countries, and are powerful enough to buy favourable research, and control governments, the media and the markets. 

Who is strong enough to stand up to these meglomaniac bullies?

You can blame "Big Oil", but where would you be without it? Do you ever drive? Cook with gas? Take a bus?

It's the "Paris Accord" Europeans that cannot give up their addiction to Russian Fossil Fuel Oil and Gas.

Since the Ukraine War started they have paid Putin some $31 billion at inflated prices, and it continues.

In 2021 alone they paid Putin $101 billion.

And every penny helps finance Putin's war on the hapless Ukrainians.

Not to mention what it is doing to my planet!  :)

I'm outraged too, but not necessarily against "Big Oil".

Edited by trastrick

On 22/07/2022 at 09:15, trastrick said:

What you "think" is not my problem!  :)

...but being lampooned for getting basic facts wrong or failing to understand your own links... you're all in! :thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, Magilla said:

...but being lampooned for getting basic facts wrong or failing to understand your own links... you're all in! :thumbsup:

Nonsense, it's  an old trolling trick.

Refer to some old completed discussion, misqote it, then generalise about all posts.

If somebody want's to discuss a post in full contex, best to repeat the specific post in full.

As I've said before I'll be happy to re-open that discussion.

But I won't respond to generalisations from the usual critics.

Life's too short, for some of us!  :)

To those, I just say, "so's yer old man!"

Edited by trastrick