Climate Change thread

14 minutes ago, Ruddy76 said:

I do find it funny how gretta thunberg, however it's spelt, never seemes to protest china, or if she does its just in a token way. I can't help but wonder whether she, or rather the machine that uses her as a figure head, plus the whole green movement in general, are working in the interests of, or are useful idiot ally's of BRIC's.

I dare you to go to China and protest against the government there... I think you'll soon find out why Greta Thunberg hasn't been there and done it.

Just now, Agent Orange said:

I dare you to go to China and protest against the government there... I think you'll soon find out why Greta Thunberg hasn't been there and done it.

She, and anyone else prominent in the Green movement, could highlight the BRICS organisations polluting from right here, maybe even protest outside their embasie's, but they generally don't.

They are just out to sabotage western industry and economy on behalf of the BRICS organisation.

1 hour ago, Ruddy76 said:

She, and anyone else prominent in the Green movement, could highlight the BRICS organisations polluting from right here, maybe even protest outside their embasie's, but they generally don't.

They are just out to sabotage western industry and economy on behalf of the BRICS organisation.

That's a really stupid post.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ruddy76 said:

BRICS isn't an organisation - it's just shorthand for 5 fast developing economies.

On 09/04/2020 at 00:08, Longcol said:

BRICS isn't an organisation - it's just shorthand for 5 fast developing economies.

Yes but: 5 growing  economies.

5 growing economies.

The BRICS conspiracy cartel are behind 5g and, hence, the coronavirus.

Think on that why don't you?

• Haha 1

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 17:06, Lockjaw said:

Yes but: 5 growing  economies.

5 growing economies.

The BRICS conspiracy cartel are behind 5g and, hence, the coronavirus.

Think on that why don't you?

I do hope this was an attempt at humour? :)

Incredible temperatures at the moment in the Arctic Circle.  Siberian town, Verkhoyansk, reached 38C, (100F) last Saturday, which could be a new record, 18C higher than the average maximum daily average for June. 

Apparently in recent months, the Arctic has seen abnormally high temperatures & is warming twice as fast as the global average. 

Saw that on Paul Hudson's Twitter..astonishing

3 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Incredible temperatures at the moment in the Arctic Circle.  Siberian town, Verkhoyansk, reached 38C, (100F) last Saturday, which could be a new record, 18C higher than the average maximum daily average for June. 

Apparently in recent months, the Arctic has seen abnormally high temperatures & is warming twice as fast as the global average. 

That's where the next planet-stopping virus is coming from next. 

The UK's first city mayor to declare a climate crisis, Bristol's Marvin Rees, has flown 9,200 miles to attend a conference to urge leaders to cut CO2 emissions. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-61596817.amp

Has nobody introduced him to Skype, Zoom or Microsoft Teams?   What a hypocrite.  

• Like 1

On 22/06/2020 at 22:07, tinfoilhat said:

That's where the next planet-stopping virus is coming from next. 

Could be, we don't know what's been under that ice for a very long time

Something I don't understand is why when it's fairly breezy like it has been recently, are we producing power from coal rather than letting more wind turbines spin?

https://grid.iamkate.com/