Climate Change thread

Guest makapaka
9 hours ago, Cyclone said:

Not really, two wrongs don't make a right and the single largest country in the world by a large way (by population) continues to break the environment then the human race will end up extinct.  It doesn't seem like a hard decision when it's a case of making money now but billions of people dying for it...

I’m not saying I agree with that standpoint but I can see why it creates an issue. 

On 29/05/2019 at 22:49, WiseOwl182 said:

It's scaremongering tripe. I'd put all my money on there being no issue with our water supply within 10 years.

Could imagine the panic if all the idiots on the planet were in recipt of the facts

18 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Could imagine the panic if all the idiots on the planet were in recipt of the facts

Such as...?

So much for global warming. Its bloody freezing and hasnt stopped raining for two days. 

43 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

So much for global warming. Its bloody freezing and hasnt stopped raining for two days. 

<<golf clap>>

Good job there champ, good job.

Did anyone see Dispatches last night? - although I usually record this type of programme, I don't include Dispatches, as it's so bad. I'm amazed this gets prime time slot. I would put it on at about 10am or 2pm type times, when tv generally shows this type of trash.

However, since this is a topic I'm interested in, I recorded it.  Usual sly anti-tory digs (I don't think it's 4 minutes in before it states that air pollution is 20x worse than it was 9 years ago - remind me, how long have the tories been in? usual loaded questions, poor logical arguments, hysteria invoking, ... last night was one of the worst efforts yet. The journalism in it has hit new lows.

The guy (and expert sent into the school) telling the kids in the school how they were being poisoned outside was dreadful. Don't call me a 'snowflake' until you have seen it.

then!! as if this wasn't bad enough, tell them [the kids], all the measures that they undertook (like walking) and basically cocooning the school... their lives would be 63.9% better (what?!), because 34.5micrgrammes of **** was removed from the air, and 94% of the 19% EU levels were 64% better since 0.05 of population had asthma  etc. etc. - even I couldn't keep up!

then cue: to the mother who was clapping at all the improvements, and how happy she was that her son hadn't been breathing in all this **** during the experiment...

Interviewer question to mother: so will you keep this up and not use the car then?

her answer: no

(ash at screen - ''no?! what was the bloody point then!'')

''it's the government that should do sumpfink'' is in there too somewhere.

WTF?!

(as the kids say)

Edited by *_ash_*

4 minutes ago, zaci said:

One thing that was in the Dispatches programme, was showing how much emissions aren't from exhausts, but from brake dusts too.

They didn't go into this too much though.

1 hour ago, *_ash_* said:

Did anyone see Dispatches last night? - although I usually record this type of programme, I don't include Dispatches, as it's so bad. I'm amazed this gets prime time slot. I would put it on at about 10am or 2pm type times, when tv generally shows this type of trash.

However, since this is a topic I'm interested in, I recorded it.  Usual sly anti-tory digs (I don't think it's 4 minutes in before it states that air pollution is 20x worse than it was 9 years ago - remind me, how long have the tories been in? usual loaded questions, poor logical arguments, hysteria invoking, ... last night was one of the worst efforts yet. The journalism in it has hit new lows.

The guy (and expert sent into the school) telling the kids in the school how they were being poisoned outside was dreadful. Don't call me a 'snowflake' until you have seen it.

then!! as if this wasn't bad enough, tell them [the kids], all the measures that they undertook (like walking) and basically cocooning the school... their lives would be 63.9% better (what?!), because 34.5micrgrammes of **** was removed from the air, and 94% of the 19% EU levels were 64% better since 0.05 of population had asthma  etc. etc. - even I couldn't keep up!

then cue: to the mother who was clapping at all the improvements, and how happy she was that her son hadn't been breathing in all this **** during the experiment...

Interviewer question to mother: so will you keep this up and not use the car then?

(ash at screen - ''no?! what was the bloody point then!'')

''it's the government that should do sumpfink'' is in there too somewhere.

WTF?!

(as the kids say)

How would you like  34.5 micrograms of cadmium per day? Just to name one cumulative poison.

Would you expect it to enhance your life? 

8 hours ago, *_ash_* said:

If they walk then they'll be exposed to even more pollution all along the walk won't they??

You're not going to get people out of their cars, the solution is developing non-polluting cars.

Even as things currently are humans are healthier and live longer than ever before in history, so a bit of perspective on things wouldn't go amiss here.