Climate Change thread

Trust in your own observations and senses and you're a lot more likely to find the truth.

Belief in their experiments / data is just that,a belief nothing more.

Brexiteers have a similar view of 'experts'!

Sir David Attenborough has made a speech informing all that climate change is man's greatest threat and the collapse of civilisation is on the horizon, further more he has told the UN climate summit that the fate of world is in their hands. Heady stuff indeed.

While his intentions are laudable his own actions are somewhat controversial in my opinion. The man has made a career of Jetting around the world making TV naturalist programmes, which are excellent, no doubt about it. But you have to wonder how much pollution he has added over the years on his many many plane trips while making his films. It smacks a little of the, do as I say, not do as I do mantra.

Angel1.

I think the awareness he has brought to people regarding the plight of the planet and its animals far outweighs his air miles.

As taxman said it's a very weak attempt at calling him a hypocrite. His programs have highlighted the natural world beyond anything else

4 hours ago, melthebell said:

As taxman said it's a very weak attempt at calling him a hypocrite. His programs have highlighted the natural world beyond anything else

It is time he allowed someone else a go though.

He has pointed out that cows farts are as big a problem as his air miles to be fair.

David Attenborough is only partly correct stating that climate change is the problem..

The BIGGEST Threat to this world is the human race, mankind, us!

We are destroying the planet we live on...

6 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Sir David Attenborough has made a speech informing all that climate change is man's greatest threat and the collapse of civilisation is on the horizon, further more he has told the UN climate summit that the fate of world is in their hands. Heady stuff indeed.

While his intentions are laudable his own actions are somewhat controversial in my opinion. The man has made a career of Jetting around the world making TV naturalist programmes, which are excellent, no doubt about it. But you have to wonder how much pollution he has added over the years on his many many plane trips while making his films. It smacks a little of the, do as I say, not do as I do mantra.

Angel1.

It was reported recently that a UN environment chief had resigned after spending nearly half a million dollars on air travel and hotels in less than 22 months. 

Another case of snouts in trough and do as I say.

1 hour ago, alandrea0 said:

David Attenborough is only partly correct stating that climate change is the problem..

The BIGGEST Threat to this world is the human race, mankind, us!

We are destroying the planet we live on...

Agreed, there are way too many of us destructive little creatures.

From the perspective of Earth's well-being, you have to wonder if WW3, assuming it reduces human population to say 1 or 2 billion, wouldn't be such a bad thing.

16 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Agreed, there are way too many of us destructive little creatures.

From the perspective of Earth's well-being, you have to wonder if WW3, assuming it reduces human population to say 1 or 2 billion, wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Would you like to be "gone" though? As it's more likely to be us that "go" rather than say the 3rd world

Edited by melthebell
added bit

6 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Would you like to be "gone" though? As it's more likely to be us that "go" rather than say the 3rd world

Of course I wouldn't like to go! I'm just as self-serving, self-centered and destrucive as the next man...

But that's kinda the point. We are self-serving and destructive, it's in our nature, it is just what we do. The planet, and all it's other inhabitants, I am sure would get along much better without us.

Edited by Waldo