Areas to avoid - are they really as bad as people say?

where do you get your information eg most of the (traditional) manor has been demolished?

That's why it says "traditionaly".... You must have missed it

I'm sure you're going to tell me it's a thriving area now ?

for example the new private houses thats been and are being built at the manor top are selling like hot cakes,

I heard that all the Gleeson houses in Parson Cross sold before they were even built.

living in a couple of these area's and bred and born in Sheffield a good many years ago suggests to me the thread is wrong

for example the new private houses thats been and are being built at the manor top are selling like hot cakes, do you think people are going to buy these houses if it was a bad area, about 8-900 houses, come on get up to date.

It's all about price isn't it.

living in a couple of these area's and bred and born in Sheffield a good many years ago suggests to me the thread is wrong

for example the new private houses thats been and are being built at the manor top are selling like hot cakes, do you think people are going to buy these houses if it was a bad area, about 8-900 houses, come on get up to date.

It may well have become a better area than it was before, but that does not mean it has suddenly become the new Fulwood!

It may well have become a better area than it was before, but that does not mean it has suddenly become the new Fulwood!

and to answer the post

Areas to avoid - are they really as bad as people say

my bold

it isn't an area to avoid either.

I know Sheffield very well, and i've been around most streets in Sheffield for property interests, the areas i mentioned won't improve anytime soon, the people around there just simply won't contribute to making it a better area, living round Totley for the last 3 years i noticed most of the community worked together to make their area a desirable place to live.

Page Hall, Fir Vale, Pitsmoor, Burngreave, Grimesthorpe, Attercliffe, Wincobank, Tinsley.

Although there are some decent places dotted around those areas, except Page Hall - that place wants bulldozing.

Attercliffe ? Does anyone still live there ?

I know Sheffield very well, and i've been around most streets in Sheffield for property interests, the areas i mentioned won't improve anytime soon, the people around there just simply won't contribute to making it a better area, living round Totley for the last 3 years i noticed most of the community worked together to make their area a desirable place to live.

i think you are economical with your opinions, does the above include the social housing parts of Totley? "not what i have seen of it it doesn't."