Can you help me with an Ebay/Royal Mail problem

So, looks like I may have been the victim of a fraud, what can I do?

Sold a phone, buyer says it doesnt work!, ebay of course side with him, issued him a label for Royal Mail track and Trace (only £100 cover) the phone was £400, Royal Mail tracking states it was delivered back to my address, but it wasn’t. RM initially said they would take 72 hours to investigate, now they are saying it could be 10days, in the meantime Ebay have refunded the buyer, so I have not got the phone and have not got the money. Even our Postman says he doesnt remember a parcel on that day and that he has been told his machine was used to ping the delivery! I am not getting anywhere with Ebay or RM, has anyone had a similar issue or can advise. I just cant afford to loose this much money, thank you.

Keep on at Royal Mail.

I'd also question Ebay why they issued a £100 label if you sold the phone for £400? That's very questionable.

Yes, definitely on with Royal Mail, Ebay and lodged a case with the Police so now have a crime no. We shall see, it is all very frustrating!

Good luck.

Make sure you let eBay know you've got a crime number, they should be alarmed by that and hopefully pull out all the stops.

I`m still unclear who actually issued the return label to the buyer?

Also, doesn`t track & trace service require a signature from the recipent?

I`m still unclear who actually issued the return label to the buyer?

Also, doesn`t track & trace service require a signature from the recipent?

I’m sure EBay lets the buyer print off the return label on a return.....

Ebay provided the label to the buyer to print off the return postage label (they charged me £10) it was ‘supposedly’ delivered here, no signature was required, apparently when the label is scanned on delivery the GPS pings the location. I have got a crime number and have advised both Royal Mail and Ebay, so situation is ongoing at present!!