Wheelchair accessible Taxis

On 04/09/2018 at 12:32, Resident said:

Class 3 mobility scooters are road-going and some have a decent range hence why they are large and too large for to be transported by anything other than a van or trailer.

May I ask why you thought it necessary to purchase a Class 3?

I have had a group 2 and a group 3 in both cases the said milage distance drops off and some timesashlanfs.you cannot get down fenc you struggle to  get across to Aughton and back. There are only two ways out of the village via Brighton to Crystal Peaks a path to Rotherham he had a group 3 and the scooter have up on him going up Guilthwaite hill. To get to Woodhouse Mill you havev to go on the new path through Woodhouse Mill washlands. You cannot get down fence hill due to the width of pavement past terrace houses.Also you cannot cross safely to the other side. To go towards Todwick a chap got stopped by the police for going on the road without a yellow flashing light on a pole. So much for group 4 allowed to go on the toad

Except for door 2foot most of the taxis take group 2 only.

Disabled and older people have a group in Rotherham In your area

17 hours ago, desy said:

I have had a group 2 and a group 3 in both cases the said milage distance drops off and some timesashlanfs.you cannot get down fenc you struggle to  get across to Aughton and back. There are only two ways out of the village via Brighton to Crystal Peaks a path to Rotherham he had a group 3 and the scooter have up on him going up Guilthwaite hill. To get to Woodhouse Mill you havev to go on the new path through Woodhouse Mill washlands. You cannot get down fence hill due to the width of pavement past terrace houses.Also you cannot cross safely to the other side. To go towards Todwick a chap got stopped by the police for going on the road without a yellow flashing light on a pole. So much for group 4 allowed to go on the toad

Except for door 2foot most of the taxis take group 2 only.

Disabled and older people have a group in Rotherham In your area

My parents lived in Aston.  My disabled father used a Class3 to go everywhere, including into Rotherham Town Centre and back & did so without a decrease in range over time. 

There is nothing wrong with the width of the pavement down Fence hill, It's standard width or wider from the crossroads all the way to the roundabout at the bottom. There are a number of crossing points to access the bus-stops on the opposite side however there is no pavement beyond the stop areas. 

Towards Todwick, I assume you mean he was using the 50mph dual carriageway, which under the law requires an amber belisha beacon. Quite why he wouldn't use the 10ft wide pavement.

Quite where you're getting this "Group 4" from I have no idea. There are only 3 mobility scooter classifications.