PC film of first moon landing

Buzz Aldrin is upset that Hollywood has made a politically correct version of the historic first moon landing and so will most of America when it comes out next month.

The film entitled " First Man" is basically a biography of Neil Armstrong the first man on the moon. However, the makers have deliberately omitted the raising of the US flag which was done by Aldrin. In fact nowhere in the movie are the stars and stripes shown. To add fuel to the flames Canadian actor Ryan Gosling, who plays Armstrong, has stated he believes it was the right thing to do. He went on to say that the event was a historic one for mankind, not just America.

A few high ranking politicians are already up in arms and it's not even come out yet. Can't wait to see what Trump has to say about this, especially as he is already at loggerheads with most of Hollywood.LOL

I think the decision not to over emphasise the American-ness of the film is Ok. It's not as if anyone who watches it won't know they watching Americans is it?

It's a shame that Buzz is hacked off, but beyond that, it's cool.

I think the decision not to over emphasise the American-ness of the film is Ok. It's not as if anyone who watches it won't know they watching Americans is it?

It's a shame that Buzz is hacked off, but beyond that, it's cool.

whats wrong with emphasizing the "Americaness" of the film? nowadays kids need to be told half of them would have no idea.

whats wrong with emphasizing the "Americaness" of the film? nowadays kids need to be told half of them would have no idea.

There's nothing wrong with people knowing it happened in America; people will understand that it's an American story - it's just (as far as I can gather) that the directer has chosen to emphasise the importance of the event for the world rather than solely focus on America.

Buzz Aldrin is upset that Hollywood has made a politically correct version of the historic first moon landing and so will most of America when it comes out next month.

The film entitled " First Man" is basically a biography of Neil Armstrong the first man on the moon. However, the makers have deliberately omitted the raising of the US flag which was done by Aldrin. In fact nowhere in the movie are the stars and stripes shown. To add fuel to the flames Canadian actor Ryan Gosling, who plays Armstrong, has stated he believes it was the right thing to do. He went on to say that the event was a historic one for mankind, not just America.

A few high ranking politicians are already up in arms and it's not even come out yet. Can't wait to see what Trump has to say about this, especially as he is already at loggerheads with most of Hollywood.LOL

That's not quite true; apparently the flag is shown but just not the planting of it.

That's not quite true; apparently the flag is shown but just not the planting of it.

there we go, more frothing by the rightous it IS there, its just not focussed on it.

Like halibut said we all know it was a great achievement by the americans, surely we dont need a flag planting scene to prove that? lol

It was also one leap for mankind ;)

---------- Post added 03-09-2018 at 18:43 ----------

utter crap, google first man on the moon and tell me how many times it mentions american, and how many american flags it shows in the top half of the results :roll:

lets face it, googles far more for education than a major hollywood film

Edited by melthebell

I'm sure Buzz Aldrin would like to have planted a Masonic flag on the moon.

"First Man"?

Not PC enough. Eh?

It should have said 'first person on the moon', it will be the girls turn next time :hihi:

Can't wait to see what Trump has to say about this, especially as he is already at loggerheads with most of Hollywood.

The Trumpet will claim HE was the first man on the mmon!

And you'll probably believe him :hihi:

To be fair, with the exception of Dunkirk, anyone who got their history from Hollywood (which I'm sure is a frightening amount) would think that the Americans won WW2 on their own.

To be fair, with the exception of Dunkirk, anyone who got their history from Hollywood (which I'm sure is a frightening amount) would think that the Americans won WW2 on their own.

Not these days, they'd think Captain America won it on his own