International weekend.

Err, it's a bit 'me me me' this post isn't it?

Lots of people haven't got 'lots of money' to spend attending matches and for a lot of people we've just had a long break from League football and were eager to see it return.

It pops it's head over the parapet, and then it's dragged away kicking and screaming from under our noses.

If we have to have this malarkey, then I suggest that the International squads are chosen 14 days in advance and if your team is not seriously weakened, then games involving your club should go ahead.

If players are subsequently injured, then it's the International teams that are weakened, and not club sides. Tough totty as they say.

That's my opinion, but I think your signature tells me that you're not really interested in what I, or others have to say?

Excellent m8 couldnt agree more why spoil it for us when ye team has only say one player in the internationals scene thats what a good number of players in the squads for. Saturday cant come quick enough for me..

Have a good day!

Well said that man why stop normal games when theres only one or two from ye side in the international scene. Thats what a good sized squads for to make up the numbers if this happens if there not good enough and step up to handle the championship they shouldnt be in the squad.

Err, it's a bit 'me me me' this post isn't it?

Lots of people haven't got 'lots of money' to spend attending matches and for a lot of people we've just had a long break from League football and were eager to see it return.

It pops it's head over the parapet, and then it's dragged away kicking and screaming from under our noses.

If we have to have this malarkey, then I suggest that the International squads are chosen 14 days in advance and if your team is not seriously weakened, then games involving your club should go ahead.

If players are subsequently injured, then it's the International teams that are weakened, and not club sides. Tough totty as they say.

That's my opinion, but I think your signature tells me that you're not really interested in what I, or others have to say?

Have a good day!

Blimey, that’s a bit of an unwarranted, personal attack.

Have a glass of Sanatogen and take a deep breath.

International breaks are fine, much better than devaluing the competition. If you can’t manage for a week or so without football, then I suggest that you either develop another interest, or go and watch a bit of non league stuff.

I do hope that you get over whatever it is that is causing your rude grumpiness.

It's not a personal attack at all.

I'm disagreeing with the post that says 'I'm not bothered about other people' or words to that effect.

I'm not here to fall out with anybody.

I still love your calculator post.

That's it in a nutshell really.

Have a good day! :thumbsup:

I'm not rude and I'm not grumpy either.

Not my bag.

If I were, I wouldn't still be here after all this time and I'm sure one of the other thousands of members would have told me about it.

They haven't so therefore, I'm probably not.

Seeing as you've mentioned Sanatogen, and implied I'm a silly old man, let me tell you summat. You strike me as being very arrogant and self centred.

I wonder what other members think?

We welcome new members on here and in my case, especially Wednesday fans.

I'm not a fan of arrogance from anyone to be honest.

Now let's get on with football content shall we?

Edited by Hotmale 1954

The not bothered bit simply referred to the people who spend Saturday afternoon watching the teleprinter.

If anyone is missing football there is plenty to engage with, at a decent price , if they look for it. If not, there are plenty of other, interesting things to do.

The signature is a line from a very fine song, by the way :)

I'm glad that's all sorted.

Can't wait for Saturday..................

The unemployed, the low paid, the aged, the lethargic and many others love their Saturdays in front of the telly.

They shouldn't be pilloried really, should they?

You're almost suggesting that football fans from the above group could may be take up Bowls, or play Tennis or learn Basket weaving and drop their interest in football 'if they can't afford it'.

I remember some g*t in the past telling us that if we couldn't find a job in the North, then we should get 'on our bikes' and cycle down South to find employment.

I see some similarity in both these views.

Both Sheffield stadia together aren't big enough to house all the football fans in Sheffield, so lots would have to stay at home anyway.

Cheers Mooks! I always value your views.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

The bickering and personal comments end here.

Back on topic please.

Here we go again, just when things are getting exciting at the lane and Hillsboro, flaming international break. hate it.

Typical we have ten players out on duty wont get back till wednesday evening play owls friday not gud hence 3-0 owls.. pisspoor european version of the world cup we wont win ..again !!!

The international breaks are a bore. It does demonstrate however how «* addicted*» to our fix of football us fans are. I go to almost all Blades home games and the occasional away match, but would like to get to more.

I don’t know why, but I have zero interest in the England national’team. I don’t feel excited or exhilarated when they win nor down’or depressed when they lose. Only watched the World Cup matches because we were entertaining family in France.

Strangely the area of France I was in ( Languedoc) seemed indifferent to the whole

tournament.

Kack another useless attempt by England to win something..next friday cant come quick enough whatever the result..

Just a dead week. Thankfully it's fallen when I'm going away for a week, so I won't miss out on any games.