International weekend.

These weekends are a pain, very few matches and the intruption of the flowing season.

So locally how many call ups have we???

Could not agree more. One minute we,re playing two games a week then it,s a two week break for international matches.For me if your team and the opposition are not affected by call up,s to the national squads then the game should go ahead, Is this not why we have U 23 teams , is that no longer the point of having big squads to replace players on international duty with these back up players.

Could not agree more. One minute we,re playing two games a week then it,s a two week break for international matches.For me if your team and the opposition are not affected by call up,s to the national squads then the game should go ahead, Is this not why we have U 23 teams , is that no longer the point of having big squads to replace players on international duty with these back up players.

I couldn’t disagree more. I spend a lot of money travelling to and attending matches. I want to see the best players possible on the pitch. The international break is ok in my opinion. It also gives clubs time to work on new tactics.

I know that for some it is a weekend where they can’t watch the scores on Sky, but I’m not really bothered what they think.

It's worked out well for me as I've a family function to attend and it's saved me having an argument to get out of it.

I'm not sure if any club has players away on International duty.

I think our Championship sides in this part of the world have all got players that have been called up.I have just watched Scotland's recent pathetic showing a score line that was so expected considering they call the same players up time after time and end up with the usual defeat.MaGinn (SPELLING MAY BE WRONG) a player who was given a lesson by Fleck last week was guilty of two of the goals they conceded but no doubt he will be on the next team sheet.

On a more positive note I watched the young Wales team and at left back they played our latest new young star to come off the production line at Shirecliffe Norrington - Davis and what a game he had he looked really good .Has a lot of the Wilder factor with his surging runs about him he was tremendous.The opposition was poor but he looked a real class act.Also watched David Brookes and the more I see him the more I think we sold him to cheap but we also got Norwood cheap in my opinion so I guess it is swings and roundabouts.

Yup yawn..why bother with this crap new competition our teams get on a roll of form then gets stopped by this seasons only a few weeks old..

Good call Mooks.

It's utter tripe. And, Spain showed yet again that England are still miles behind.

The run to the World Cup semi-final was exciting, but fortunate.

We lost to Belgium twice and Croatia. Miles behind again.

International breaks are a yawn.

Yup yawn..why bother with this crap new competition our teams get on a roll of form then gets stopped by this seasons only a few weeks old..

So this is a new competition, nothing to do with Euro qualifying??? Wtf is going on with today's game?

---------- Post added 09-09-2018 at 00:15 ----------

These weekends are a pain, very few matches and the intruption of the flowing season.

So locally how many call ups have we???

Heard a couple of Rotherham players had been selected.:hihi:

I think most fans find this competition a pain .What is the point of it ?Apart from soccers greed for money and more money us fans just want to get on with the league program which as only just started.For Gods sake lets drop this unwanted garbage.

I think most fans find this competition a pain .What is the point of it ?Apart from soccers greed for money and more money us fans just want to get on with the league program which as only just started.For Gods sake lets drop this unwanted garbage.

I most certainly agree Chas, 90,000 fans at Wembley tells the FA a different story, when that figure drops to about 16,000 they might get the message.

New competition means more injuries to players that was nasty for luke shaw last night luckily hes ok l think..

I couldn’t disagree more. I spend a lot of money travelling to and attending matches. I want to see the best players possible on the pitch. The international break is ok in my opinion. It also gives clubs time to work on new tactics.

I know that for some it is a weekend where they can’t watch the scores on Sky, but I’m not really bothered what they think.

Err, it's a bit 'me me me' this post isn't it?

Lots of people haven't got 'lots of money' to spend attending matches and for a lot of people we've just had a long break from League football and were eager to see it return.

It pops it's head over the parapet, and then it's dragged away kicking and screaming from under our noses.

If we have to have this malarkey, then I suggest that the International squads are chosen 14 days in advance and if your team is not seriously weakened, then games involving your club should go ahead.

If players are subsequently injured, then it's the International teams that are weakened, and not club sides. Tough totty as they say.

That's my opinion, but I think your signature tells me that you're not really interested in what I, or others have to say?

Have a good day!