Rags for cash.. school uniform

I do voluntary work at my kids school. They have amassed a huge amount of lost property... mainly uniform and some of it with logos on.

Any rags for cash places take it? They are trying to use the funds towards a new garden area.

Preferably North Sheffield

Cheers

There's a place on Langsett Road that buy per kilo, but I'm not sure how much they give.

some of cash for clothes places don't take uniforms - probably because they resell the clothes as opposed to making rags from them.

The cost of school uniforms being as high as it it, i'm surprised you don't sort it and sell it to prospective pupils who perhaps can't afford NEW.

The cost of school uniforms being as high as it it, i'm surprised you don't sort it and sell it to prospective pupils who perhaps can't afford NEW.

This idea above all others :love:

Many schools have already tried to offer good second hand uniform items to parents but they find that this gets little take up for the effort they put in to do it and so stop this service.

I would have thought after seeing all the ''moaning'' in the press about the cost of school uniform that parents would have jumped at the chance of some help. I have ,and will in the future, accepted help with uniform for both my young children. Abbey Lane school has a parent's group that sell the used uniform to raise funds for school that is really usefull when young kids grow fast

The op is after guidance on where to raise funds not the virtues of uniforms.