Nichols building Shalesmoor to close

I have just found out that the Nichols Building antique and salvage centre on Shalemoor is to close in October as it is being developed into apartments. Yes, More apartments!!!

This will be a big loss to the collectors market in Sheffield.

I have just found out that the Nichols Building antique and salvage centre on Shalemoor is to close in October as it is being developed into apartments. Yes, More apartments!!!

This will be a big loss to the collectors market in Sheffield.

well the dealers could always move to an area where its cheaper rent i.e Attercliffe etc.

well the dealers could always move to an area where its cheaper rent i.e Attercliffe etc.

Old Shentons furniture shop at the Attercliffe road and Staniforth Road junction is up for rent at £1400 a month and I think it’s about 1400 sq ft.

A friend has a cabinet in an antiques centre across town. A couple of dealers have quite recently given up their cabinets as they can no longer make it pay. Its better the Nichols building is to be renovated than allowed to crumble.

Old Shentons furniture shop at the Attercliffe road and Staniforth Road junction is up for rent at £1400 a month and I think it’s about 1400 sq ft.

Cheers, I think the Nichols is about 8000 sq feet and in a very good location with the proximity to Kelham. It's position close to Kelham is probably what has led it being converted to apartments.

---------- Post added 01-09-2018 at 08:28 ----------

A friend has a cabinet in an antiques centre across town. A couple of dealers have quite recently given up their cabinets as they can no longer make it pay. Its better the Nichols building is to be renovated than allowed to crumble.

Hopefully the conversion and extensions will be sympathetic to the current building.

---------- Post added 01-09-2018 at 08:29 ----------

Hopefully the conversion and extensions will be sympathetic to the current building.

just hope they finds a new out let the area needs a place like this

Its one of the few that i haven't visited for years,its way to seperate from the antiques quarter for me,bet i haven't been to it in 15 years. Yet we visit antique/collectables shops almost every weekend.

Still, sorry to hear of its closure.

Just seen that it is 3000 sq ft not 1400

any one that has not been in years should come down theys lots to see and buy loads of records as well

Its one of the few that i haven't visited for years,its way to seperate from the antiques quarter for me,bet i haven't been to it in 15 years. Yet we visit antique/collectables shops almost every weekend.

Still, sorry to hear of its closure.

It is out of the way from the antiques quarter, but because of that I think I have been able to pick up some bargains and more unusual items. Lots of stuff on Abbeydale / Little London road seems a bit overpriced .