Do you feel safe in Sheffield?

Do forum members believe Sheffield is a safe city?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Do forum members believe Sheffield is a safe city?

• Yes
    • No

it’s to butter a very large loaf of bread

The 'just in case' comment implicates Padders with a self defense motive, which would constitute it as an offensive weapon.

I think Padders was just kidding.

I've always felt safe in the estate I live in which is the dreaded S5

YES because when I was mugged I was not subject to a gun being pushed in my face. Give me a beating any day over that.

You've never been mugged WITH a gun pushed into your face in Sheffield... (Or at least you implied you hadn't).

You HAVE been mugged in Manchester, without a gun.

Manchester has a higher level of gun crime than Sheffield.

So from that you conclude that you feel safer in Manchester? A place where you HAVE actually been mugged.

Guest busdriver1
You've never been mugged WITH a gun pushed into your face in Sheffield... (Or at least you implied you hadn't).

You HAVE been mugged in Manchester, without a gun.

Manchester has a higher level of gun crime than Sheffield.

So from that you conclude that you feel safer in Manchester? A place where you HAVE actually been mugged.

YES because MY EXPERIENCE is that I have never had a gun pushed in my face in Manchester, but, during the short time I lived in Sheffield I did.

Surely not that hard to comprehend is it?

I dont care about statistics and figures they can be manipulated or skewed. I base my feelings on what I see and do and witness.

On that basis I, personally, do not feel safe in Sheffield but can understand that others who have not had my experiences may do.

I do not criticise them for that. But then I ACTUALLY GREW UP and am not on a mission to argue and put down every person I come across.

---------- Post added 15-09-2018 at 12:32 ----------

Interesting that at this point 30% do not feel safe.

I would be interested to know if they have had similar experiences to me or if it is for other reasons.

Depends where you are in sheffield, i could recommend a few places that nornal people wouldnt feel safe in bit depends who you are !

YES because MY EXPERIENCE is that I have never had a gun pushed in my face in Manchester, but, during the short time I lived in Sheffield I did.

If you'd actually said that (before just now), then it would have been easy to understand.

But you didn't.

I think, that Sheffield is one of the most safest city, not just in the UK, but in the world in general.

Sure, there are stabbings, gang related murders from time to time, but there is no "no go murder area", and you can walk literally everywhere, there are no big organised crime syndicates, gunfights, nobody is going crazy with the "Kalashnikov" and hand grenade because few grams of narcotics.

And you will find that kind of behaviour not just in USA, but also in lots of European cities, both eastern an western Europe.

Now, this is just my observation for almost 3 years living here. Who knows, maybe I am wrong, maybe I am missing some parts of the picture.

Guest busdriver1
If you'd actually said that (before just now), then it would have been easy to understand.

But you didn't.

Why would I offer an opinion based on anything other than my own experiences? :huh:

I dont care about statistics and figures they can be manipulated or skewed. I base my feelings on what I see and do and witness.

On that basis I, personally, do not feel safe in Sheffield but can understand that others who have not had my experiences may do.

I do not criticise them for that. But then I ACTUALLY GREW UP and am not on a mission to argue and put down every person I come across.

---------- Post added 15-09-2018 at 12:32 ----------

Interesting that at this point 30% do not feel safe.

I would be interested to know if they have had similar experiences to me or if it is for other reasons.

I seem to recall that an bus driver was attacked he had his face slashed by an knife it was a few years ago in a bus robbery no idea if they were caught.

this has got to be one of the dafty's polls even post's on S/F

Birmingham is the city where people feel least safe - Sheffield was 5th.

Anyone spotted a link between the size of the city and the feeling of safety?