Do you feel safe in Sheffield?

Do forum members believe Sheffield is a safe city?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Do forum members believe Sheffield is a safe city?

• Yes
    • No

Would you prefer it if I just changed this to "we were approached by two people?" :hihi:

I'm not bothered either way.

Just wondered what relevance it was to your story. I'm also interested in how two people can 'surround' two other people. I'm not denying that this happened, just that being confronted by two chancers with a dodgy line in patter would not be called a 'nasty experience' by most people. It's all part of being in a busy city centre.

Sheffield is the first place I have ever walked through an abandoned cemetary.

Which one is that then?

---------- Post added 03-09-2018 at 17:41 ----------

They're basic human emotions called anxiety and apprehension.

I mean we could all walk around in denial with happy faces and ignore the state of society at the moment :hihi:

So you'd feel like that in any city then?

Top Cat. You are talking nonsense and you know it.

---------- Post added 03-09-2018 at 22:07 ----------

I`m not bothered either way

Then go rambling on and on yet again, reallyyyyyy.

---------- Post added 03-09-2018 at 22:11 ----------

I think it's just sloppy journalism

Quite right, the standard has never been so low. Then again the phrase dumbing down has been around many many years, nay decades now and tis true on all levels.

---------- Post added 03-09-2018 at 22:13 ----------

Sheffield always came out really well on these type of so called surveys.

I lived in Manchester and Leeds. I feel much safer in Sheffield than either of those 2 cities (especially Manchester). In fact feeling safe is one of the reasons I decided to stay in Sheffield.

My own perceptions and experience. Others may feel different.

Manchester is far more unsafe, there are far more drugs around there too. More poverty as all figures support for a city with the same population as Sheffield and Leeds.

Some weird nutter on a bicycle by the canal started to get funny yesterday. Looked like he was high on something, didn't behave normal. I had to keep walking away ignoring him and he still kept following screaming and yelling. It was no problem I have seen worse characters in Amsterdam.

Some weird nutter on a bicycle by the canal started to get funny yesterday. Looked like he was high on something, didn't behave normal. I had to keep walking away ignoring him and he still kept following screaming and yelling. It was no problem I have seen worse characters in Amsterdam.

Still waiting for the details on the abandoned cemetery...

You will already know the answer, you will have been all over google searching for it ;)

Sorry cyclone, didnt mean not to answer.

I was referring to the cemetery in attercliffe. between attercliffe common and don river, some stones are listing halfway and there are big sections closer to the don river where the tombstones are fully hidden overtaken by forresty bush, nature has taken full controll.

It is not even mentioned as a cemetary on the online maps and google doesnt mention it either, what explains my point of it being abandoned.

Edited by dutch

I mean the one little north, it has sections that are fully overgrown neglected and bits where the grass gets cut sometimes by someone.

Sheffield has few old spooky cemeteries. But the ones that are getting all the attention from internet searches are not truly abandoned.

That experience I had with that cyclist last week was unsafe to the point I had to change my direction, walk away and do something different.

Only reason I didnt call 999 was that my ignoring him stopped him from attacking me, if I had responded to his angry agression something would have gone wrong.