Do you feel safe in Sheffield?

Do forum members believe Sheffield is a safe city?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Do forum members believe Sheffield is a safe city?

• Yes
    • No

I feel perfectly safe in Sheffield. There again I feel safe anywhere: I really don't think that anyone's out to get me.

I feel perfectly safe in Sheffield. There again I feel safe anywhere: I really don't think that anyone's out to get me.

But they are , look behind you :twisted:

Sheffield is very green, has more natural unmaintained large bushy foresty wilderniss inside the city. Personally I kind of like that but many people will be frightened by that. Old abandoned brick buildings, factaries buildings, abandoned areas. Spooky, very different from other cities I lived in. It will some feel unsafe, depends on what you want

Abandoned areas and foresty wilderness. You're so funny.

I can't think of ANYWHERE in Sheffield I would not either drive around or walk around quite happily, no worries at all

Sheffield feels very safe to me. New I live in the posh bit but I spent many years living in Burngreave and never had any bother. The only place I have lived where I felt a bit unsafe was in Brixton before it got gentrified.

But they are , look behind you :twisted:

Aaaah, I feel a song coming on

I am behind you

I always find you

I am the tiger

And if I meet you

What if I eat you

I am the tiger, tiger, TIGER

:love:

Try walking through broomhall burngreave or darnall at night see how safe you feel then .I remember a time when sheffielders came from Yorkshire

I remember a time when sheffielders came from Yorkshire

Maybe you should try and build a time machine then, because that kind of tribalism belongs well in the past! :suspect:

Try walking through broomhall burngreave or darnall at night see how safe you feel then .

about as safe as Parson Cross, Manor and Gleadless Valley in the daytime :D

Try walking through broomhall burngreave or darnall at night see how safe you feel then .I remember a time when sheffielders came from Yorkshire

During the winter months Nov,Dec and Jan I often walk from Darnall to Hillsborough via the wicker in the early hours, I've never had any real trouble.

During the winter months Nov,Dec and Jan I often walk from Darnall to Hillsborough via the wicker in the early hours, I've never had any real trouble.

Not lived in Sheffield for a very long time, but that trip you make, on foot, in winter is one heck of a walk, if I remember my geography of the City correctly. How long does that little trek take you ?

I quite often walk around Darnall with a mate late in the evening, never had or seen any trouble.