Legal position in microchips

I've seen dog for sale, but when I made enquiries the owner said she was still chipped to previous owner.

If I bought her would be able to change her details on her chip to mine, or would i have to contact the person it's chipped to.

our new dog was microchipped to the previous owner we had no problem in registering her as ours , we paid £15 , changed owners and address.

It's not the current owner it's chipped to, it's the one before that

I think I asked too many questions she wasn't happy with, she gone silent on me now and won't answer the phone.

I would stay away from that one then.

It may be that the dog has previously been stolen!?

Why would the current owner not have transferred it over at the time they acquired the dog otherwise?

Poor dog if it's on its at least second owner and for sale again :(

The person selling it was probably just too lazy to bother or didn't have the chip numbers (you need the number and a code that you get in a letter at the time of chipping) etc you need to change the details.

I moved house last year and it was a faff just updating the addresses for our three pets.

Current owner has only only had it for 2 weeks.

It's had a litter of pups and is only 8 months old.

She rang today, I'm meeting her at the vets to do a chip check next week.

Had a litter at 8 months old ? Seriously I would run away from this one.

Had a litter at 8 months old ? Seriously I would run away from this one.

This poor pooch needs a good home. If you can give her the love and care she needs go for it. The vet you are meeting at should point out any problems you might come across.

The vet I spoke to said she can't be 8 months

The first season is around 6 months, gestation another 2 months plus the time they are with the mother.

That's at least 9 months and she says she's had her 2 weeks.

When I saw her I knew she wasn't a puppy. My guess is she's been a breeding dog.

After finding out some things over the weekend which I can't disclose on here I've reported it to the RSPCA

The vet I spoke to said she can't be 8 months

The first season is around 6 months, gestation another 2 months plus the time they are with the mother.

That's at least 9 months and she says she's had her 2 weeks.

When I saw her I knew she wasn't a puppy. My guess is she's been a breeding dog.

After finding out some things over the weekend which I can't disclose on here I've reported it to the RSPCA

Poor dog it sounds like she has had a time of it, are you still having her?

No I feel for the puppy, but I've found out she's got the mother for sale too, and cocker spaniels. Something more going on here.

It's been left with the RSPCA for investigation.

If I take the young dog it won't help the others, if she is puppy farming which I suspect she is, she needs stopping