Advice with sick related ESA Allowance

I was recently made redundant and then was too sick to work so i claimed ESA for the first time. I have now got a job and want to sign off but when i rang they said i can still make a claim for ESA but a work related allowance as this wouldn't affect anything else i may be claiming as long as i worked under 15 hours a week which i will be. This has totally baffled me. Does anyone on here know anything about it please ? I'm a complete novice at this sort of thing

Thanks in advance

It's quite simple..

When on ESA you can work up to 16 hours per week, or earn up to around £120 / week without it affecting your ESA claim...

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/employment-and-support-allowance/while-youre-getting-esa/working-while-getting-esa/

Can you still claim housing benefit with ESA ?

Yes

If you are getting Income Support, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance or income-related Employment and Support Allowance, you will automatically be within the income and capital limits for Housing Benefit and you will qualify for the maximum amount. If you are on Pension Credit and you get the guarantee credit (whether on its own or with the savings credit), you will also automatically get the maximum amount of Housing Benefit. If you get the savings credit only, you may qualify for Housing Benefit but it will depend on your income and savings. The local authority will use the Pension Service figures for income and savings to assess whether you can get Housing Benefit.

If you or your partner have more than £16,000 in capital, you will not get any Housing Benefit, unless you are getting the guarantee credit part of Pension Credit.

It's quite simple..

When on ESA you can work up to 16 hours per week, or earn up to around £120 / week without it affecting your ESA claim...

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/employment-and-support-allowance/while-youre-getting-esa/working-while-getting-esa/

But will the Job Centre still try to make you find a full-time job, which may cancel out your part time job that you were fortunate to find? Wouldn't it be better for them to find you another part time job to make your hours up to total of 35 hours a week? It will probably be more difficult to find another part time job to fit in with the hours you are already doing. If you have a part time job do they still make you do a daily job search and call you in to discuss your job search?