The lawyer for the bomb suspects insists they are innocent..How does she know?

Yes they did, the only reason we know what really happened is because the IPCC report was leaked. They've still refused to offically confirm many of the crucial details themselves.

This new scenario is also sounding dodgier by the minute.

The point I was making, is that we in the UK have bodies such as the IPCC,

most of the rest of the world doesn't bother with such niceties.

When you have people with weapons, usually young men, protecting the security of their country, there will ineveitably also be mistakes. Unfortunately mistakes with guns leads to deaths.

No matter how good your intelligence is; if you are up against someone that you believe has a weapon of destruction Bio- Chem or such other dirty bomb, then you have to act with deadly force.

If you don't act and the device is operated even, remotely, more people could possibly be maimed, injured or killed

and furthermore..who pays her vast fees?? is it her client or is it joe muggins again?:rant:

Can you update us on this thread please, anlabystreet?

Sadly it looks like she was right. She won't be needing such a 'vast fee" now to prove their innocence. :(

Sadly it looks like she was right. She won't be needing such a 'vast fee" now to prove their innocence. :(

Not a good choice of words, Tony old chum. ‘Sadly’ makes it sound as though you wanted her to be wrong! Doesn’t do race relations much good either!

Don't be sad Tony. If these fellows are innocent, it's not unfeasible to believe that there wasn't a deadly anthrax/sarin/other-nasty-stuff bomb either.

Good news, I'd say. Now then, I wonder where all the posters who were insisting this man was guilty - and cating aspersions at me - have sloped off to?

Any of you care to admit you got it wrong?

I'm not holding my breath.....

There's no problem with the words peterw. It is sad that she was right. I think it's sad that the Police made the mistake. I also think that the Police did exactly what we should expect of them. This is just one of those sad situations where the best of intentions didn't work out.

It's sad all round, not specifically.

Don't be sad Tony. If these fellows are innocent, it's not unfeasible to believe that there wasn't a deadly anthrax/sarin/other-nasty-stuff bomb either.

Good news, I'd say. Now then, I wonder where all the posters who were insisting this man was guilty - and cating aspersions at me - have sloped off to?

Any of you care to admit you got it wrong?

I'm not holding my breath.....

anlaby street? artisan? Bartfarst - oh maybe not you, you might be on 'holiday' and thus unable to reply.

Besides, you might have some of that famous inside knowlkedge of yours that proves they were really guilty anyway. Y'know like the Birmingham six.

Tony, it's also sad that the 'intelligence' - if it held any water - may just have been correct but the wrong people/ address was used.

It's alarming to think that there may well still be a very real risk & threat out there.

I totally agree with you DK. I'm a big supporter of our security services and the largely unseen work that they do. It's sad that these sort of incidents tarnish them so undeservedly.

There ARE terrorists out there. plotting, building bombs, making plans. The security services know this and really are doing their best. Sadly stuff like this is bound to happen. Nobody is to blame, and lessons will be learned.

I do worry that these sad events will make their job even harder and give rise to more lies for the likes of the BNP to peddle.

To me it smacks of a double bluff now.

The right intelligence - the wrong location given.

The Muslim community backed by the media have all the credance to discredit the security services while, quietly, the ploters & bomb builders work with near impunity. :mad:

There ARE terrorists out there. plotting, building bombs, making plans.

Or so the government has been telling us whilst gradually removing civil liberties.

I'm not saying there aren't terrorists, but is the threat lesser or greater than when the IRA were active? Why did we never hear about raids on suspected irish terrorists with innocent people being shot at the height of the troubles?

We did but it all went off on the Emerald Isle

:suspect: why bring the IRA into it? There's no threat there any more, or are you trying to justify todays Muslim terrorists by the 2-wrongs-make-a-right theory?

Perhaps the media today are better equipped to report stuff than when the IRA were active.

Perhaps the intelligence services allow more info out.