Drivers on the Stocksbridge bypass

Yes it is 40mph or yes it is 50mph (for HGV's) ??

NSL for HGV's on a single-cariageway is 50mph isn't it?

50 mph for trucks on single cariagway in England and Wales. ,still 40 in Scotland though

poor driving and impatience causes accidents on this road nothing more, same goes for the snake pass, i saw someone last week overtake 5 vehicles (doing 50+)the other day in pouring rain and into a blind bend he must have been doing nearly 100 i fully expected to see him totaled further along!! i love driving fast but in the right conditions these midland bankers however...........

Yes it is 40mph or yes it is 50mph (for HGV's) ??

NSL for HGV's on a single-cariageway is 50mph isn't it?

It’s been 50 for a couple of years now.

50 is the limit, not a target.

50 is the limit, not a target.

True of all speed limits, but if you don't drive at close to the speed limit in your driving test (when there is no reason to not do) then you'll attract a minor fault.

Driving 20% below the speed limit without good reason is poor driving.

I got a minor fault on my test for doing just that.

True of all speed limits, but if you don't drive at close to the speed limit in your driving test (when there is no reason to not do) then you'll attract a minor fault.

Driving 20% below the speed limit without good reason is poor driving.

Sorry Cyclone I usually drive at 40mph in a 50mph zone, and I"m not a poor driver.

Sorry Cyclone I usually drive at 40mph in a 50mph zone, and I"m not a poor driver.

All 50mph zones, regardless of weather and conditions? If so you're part of the problem.

You are if you habitually drive at 20% under the speed limit for no good reason.

At least IMO (and that of the driving test) driving under the speed limit for no good reason is a fault.

---------- Post added 30-08-2018 at 10:12 ----------

I got a minor fault on my test for doing just that.

So did I, 22 years ago now and I can still remember it. The examiner asked me afterwards why I didn't accelerate to 70mph on the dual carriageway, I think I did 60 as I was actually worried that doing 70 would somehow be 'too fast'...

Perhaps you should re-take your test and find out??

---------- Post added 30-08-2018 at 13:48 ----------

So did I, 22 years ago now and I can still remember it. The examiner asked me afterwards why I didn't accelerate to 70mph on the dual carriageway, I think I did 60 as I was actually worried that doing 70 would somehow be 'too fast'...

I did 30 in a 40 :hihi::hihi::hihi:

These days I'd put it down as one of the most annoying habits of poor drivers. Because often it's not safe to pass them and they are just holding up the traffic, wasting time (and petrol) for everyone.

That and lane hogging, people get into the right hand lane of the parkway when they join from the motorway because they plan to turn on to Derek Dooley Way in 4 miles time!

you are correct the road design, although not perfect, is perfectly good enough if used correctly. The road would have been built as a dual carriage way if the funds had been available at the time of construction,1980s.

Might it not be altered to one now? That might be safer for everyone.