The Three Tuns

Oh dear, cash only. 40 year ago it was cash only, Tetleys only and known as t' mucky pub but it was twice as good as it has been at any time since.

Wish my time machine was working properly. :)

That was just a short term situation awaiting the card machine turning up from the bank, expected any day now.

The kitchen is expected to open from Friday all being well serving lunches (sandwiches, chips etc) from 12-2pm.

The beer range wasn't that interesting when I popped in, basic Punch Taverns selection including Abbeydale Moonshine and Bradfield Farmers Blonde if I remember correct, but all was well kept, on good form and perfectly acceptable.

I imagine the landlord is sticking to known good sellers whilst trade is building up. He has it on a 'tenancy at will' for a 3 month trial to see how the pub does.

Great that it`s back open but, with that selection of beer, I can`t see myself making the effort.

Guest makapaka
Great that it`s back open but, with that selection of beer, I can`t see myself making the effort.

That's the spirit.

That's the spirit.

Quite. Why would someone go somewhere that sells stuff he doesn't want to buy?

If I opened a pub only selling John Smiths creamflow would you go and buy it just to prop up a local business or would you go elsewhere cos John Smiths creamflow is crap?

If I opened a pub only selling John Smiths creamflow would you go and buy it just to prop up a local business or would you go elsewhere cos John Smiths creamflow is crap?

Exactly. I like the three tuns, used to go in every time we did the kelham island circuit. But it sold half decent beer. As much as I like it, why would I bother going in if it isn't selling anything I want to drink?

sick to death of listening to these real ale do gooders ; a you are boring .b you are boring and c yes you have not taken over the world on your views on alcohol . blah blah blah ,yes great 6 percent . yes one of the best craft beers ive ever had , have a word with yourself get your drink and stop boring the pants of everybody else.

sick to death of listening to these real ale do gooders ; a you are boring .b you are boring and c yes you have not taken over the world on your views on alcohol . blah blah blah ,yes great 6 percent . yes one of the best craft beers ive ever had , have a word with yourself get your drink and stop boring the pants of everybody else.

But but but it's 6 percent!!!! :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Exactly! I was curious about the new 3 Tuns having seen articles in the local press, but no I won't be bothering either if that's the beer they've got on cask.

Guest makapaka

This a non-argument - because they haven't only opened up a pub selling John smiths creamflow.

Secondly - something isn't crap because you don't like it.

Drink some more Carling Black Label lager mate and calm down. You're showing your class!

Guest makapaka
Drink some more Carling Black Label lager mate and calm down. You're showing your class!

What does it matter to you if he drinks carling black label? They're not on their own - millions of others do also.

Drinking real ale doesn't make you cool you know.

---------- Post added 08-07-2017 at 09:21 ----------

I always like how a pub closes and the CAMRA magazine puts in some lament about the shame of another pub closing. Then when some poor sod reopens it and it doesn't have umpteen beers that meet every individuals precise personal taste it gets panned.

No-one wants to drink bad beer, but at what point did going to the pub stop being primarily about meeting up with friends, drinking some booze to loosen you up a bit and stop feeling so bloody British, and talking a lot?

Edited by Bob Arctor