Had to smile at ransom demand

heard lots of noise from my local park ,including helicopter ,apparantly some burgular had struck in dronfield and the police gave chase through fields to greenhill park and however this thief was in a stand off on batemoor and demanded 20 fags and a can of fanta ,before he would hand himself in,it says in the press he was wanted for many crimes,although its seems funny its certainly not for the victims and i hope the judge realises that when sentenced and keeps this thief in the nick a long time.

Edited by bassett one

Heard the helicopter. My partner was on his way home from work and he ran out into Road in front of him.

heard lots of noise from my local park ,including helicopter ,apparantly some burgular had struck in dronfield and the police gave chase through fields to greenhill park and however this thief was in a stand off on batemoor and demanded 20 fags and a can of fanta ,before he would hand himself in,it says in the press he was wanted for many crimes,although its seems funny its certainly not for the victims and i hope the judge realises that when sentenced and keeps this thief in the nick a long time.

I hope they didn't give in, it'll be 40 fags next time. :hihi:

I'm not smiling. All that time, trouble and risk to life, never mind the expense to apprehend a thieving scumbag. When will society learn that the softly softly approach isn't working.

Edited by prince al

I'm not smiling. All that time, trouble and risk to life, never mind the expense to apprehend a thieving scumbag. When will society learn that the softly softly approach isn't working.

Probably around the same time that society decides that the hard approach doesn't prevent crime either. cf the USA and their three strikes policy which doesn't seem to have reduced crime rates at all.

this chap was wanted they say for over 30 crimes ,many for home/shop crimes,so its one less on the street,but we need to sort out this in out of the prisons and even some going in on short sentences with the only object is to get in drugs ect,the whole lot needs a shake up as its not working.

this chap was wanted they say for over 30 crimes ,many for home/shop crimes,so its one less on the street,but we need to sort out this in out of the prisons and even some going in on short sentences with the only object is to get in drugs ect,the whole lot needs a shake up as its not working.

If they are never let out of prison ,they cant re-offend. Just a thought.

If they are never let out of prison ,they cant re-offend. Just a thought.

Why not a ball and chain around the ankle, much cheaper don"t you think.?

Why not a ball and chain around the ankle, much cheaper don"t you think.?

That's one of the best solutions I have heard on here :thumbsup:

WELL somthing needs doing,30 plus crimes hes wanted for,how many do they not know about?,how many before? ,you see them on telly thinking its all a big joke in jail,so if the hard line as in america fails and our soft approach fails,whats left as many have had the other solutions ,ie pay back ect.

I hope they didn't give in, it'll be 40 fags next time. :hihi:

According to the police FB page they did conceed. I dont know why they didnt go the full hog and send Gaza over.

Seriously though why are we so concerned with peoples human rights why not taser the scroat.

Reminds me of the story about the kid who was kidnapped in Dublin.

The bad guys sent the kid back home with the ransom demand, and the kid's parents sent him back with the money...