Gcse results 2018

As for primary SATS utterly ridiculous putting pressure on kids that young.

At my junior school in the mid-late sixties we used to have tests every month and a big one every year...no-one seemed to worry about it..we didn't get parents/teachers up in arms about them..what's changed?

I seem to recall a few years back, reading a headline (probably in the Star, possible nonsense) that Newfield was one of the worst performing schools in the whole country. It was certainly one of, if not the worst, in Sheffield

If I remember rightly, they were one of Sheffield's best last year.

Obviously something is working, and I doubt it is all down, as they would like us to believe, to their super strict uniform rules. A new system of measure seems much more likely!

At my junior school in the mid-late sixties we used to have tests every month and a big one every year...no-one seemed to worry about it..we didn't get parents/teachers up in arms about them..what's changed?

I think that the way the tests are used has changed. In your day, the test would have been used to judge how you were getting along. Nowadays, aggregated test scores are used to judge teachers and schools.

So the teachers and schools work harder than the students to get good results. Some to the extent of cheating