'Bodyguard' on BBC 1 *May contain spoilers*

I'll tell you a secret......its not real :hihi:

also quite a few on here wont be watching it...as its a BBC One series

Sad sad saddos :hihi:

As opposed to when the sniper, on a roof 100 feet above street level managed to shoot through the side window of the car driving away from him in the next street. :D

That was one heck of a vantage point wasn't it?!

---------- Post added 29-08-2018 at 08:45 ----------

So, as soon as they identify the sniper, they'll be able to trace him straight to Budd. Does he really think he can avoid being linked?

Also, if the security services know Budd is a terrorist target, why on earth would they let him be the Home Sec's bodyguard?

Edge of seat stuff though. Loving it!

The all-female heads of each department has really been upsetting the Gammons, who have been writing to The Daily Mail to complain!

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/daily-mail/20180904/282699048005322

I'm not quite sure why, since we actually have a female Home Secretary and Chief of the Met Police.

If you're on Facebook, seek out the wonderful "Pointless Letters" group which features them.

Edited by alchresearch

I'm not quite sure why, since we actually have a female Home Secretary and Chief of the Met Police.

As well as a female Prime Minister and a female head of the London Fire Brigade.

Why shouldn't she?

She has played the lead in a ton of high profile stuff over the past few years.

She's not playing the lead, and she's not in as many episodes or has as much screen time?

All done. Thought too many loose ends were all neatly tied up in the last 20 minutes though. And I didn't think that his boss would so easily break down and confess.

Last episode last night, and a real corker. I was on the edge of my seat all the way through it.

Top quality drama from start to finish, (10,000,000 tuned in last night apparently..) Just shows what BBC is capable of, (as well as sumptuous Costume Drama.) So well done to all concerned!

Now talk of a second series.

It was ok.

Personally didn't think it was as good or as newsworthy as many others think - but then again its 100,000 times better than Vanity Fair.

Prefer Killing Eve at the minute tbh.

She's not playing the lead, and she's not in as many episodes or has as much screen time?

None of that is relevant. She is not paid by the hour!

Pretty much all film and television is promoted through well known actors because it sells. I consider myself a discerning viewer with varied tastes but I am still more likely decide to watch something if certain actors are starring in them.

Yes, last night was good but still nowhere near as good as the last few Line of Dutys which I would class as being among the finest television of the modern era.

Also if you would like a glimpse at what a Danny Boyle Bond flim would have been like, check out Trust. It is the Getty kidnap story with Donald Sutherland playing old man Getty. I have always liked appointment television viewing but I cracked and binge watched all ten episodes!

I thought all the loose ends were too quickly and neatly wrapped out.

I think that was because they went overboard on the red herrings, then had to explain them all away.

Not complaining though. Daft as a brush, but enjoyable as heck!