Parking on Acorn Drive

Hello All

Would anyone share information re the 'proposed' changes to parking allowed on Acorn Drive?

Apparently the residents of that road have been sent letters, but as parking restrictions are likely to affect the surrounding roads too, it would be useful to know what is likely to happen.

Many thanks

Possibly 12 months ago there was something muted about them putting double yellow lines along Acorn Drive due to the buses having problems passing parked vehicles and stopping at bus stops.

I know some of my near neighbours have received a leaflet through the door and then had a visit from the Liberal Democrats last week canvassing about the issue.

I'm not sure where they are intending to install them but there is a notice attached to a sign post at the top of Acorn Drive near Nook Lane that has some sort of notice of traffic work that is going to be happening over the next 18 months.

just found this:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/proposed_traffic_regulation_orde_2

Spoken to my neighbour and the plans are to put double yellows between Spoon Mews and Acorn Way just on the same side as the bus stop. There is also a plan to make it a bus clearway, whatever that is.

Thanks for your response - I'll take my reading glasses and read the notice!!!

Regards

Dawn

Spoken to my neighbour and the plans are to put double yellows between Spoon Mews and Acorn Way just on the same side as the bus stop. There is also a plan to make it a bus clearway, whatever that is.

A bus stop clearway is an enforceable waiting restriction, denoted by a wide single yellow line alongside the kerb in the bus stop location. It means no stopping at all in that area except for the buses. It can be enforced by camera, Parking Services use a camera car for this type of enforcement.

A bus stop clearway is an enforceable waiting restriction, denoted by a wide single yellow line alongside the kerb in the bus stop location. It means no stopping at all in that area except for the buses. It can be enforced by camera, Parking Services use a camera car for this type of enforcement.

Thanks for that.