The Derbyshire border?

4 minutes ago, sharpend said:

Eckington and Killamarsh voted to stay in Derbyshire in 1974.

Eckington & Killamarsh and both now North East Derbyshire district council.

Yes, they did. I understand that electors viewed Derbyshire as being an area of probably lower General Rates.

Aren't DCC's totals for Council Tax now higher?

19 hours ago, Longcol said:

Interesting document re: Sheffield Boundary changes available from the attached link - details all Sheffield boundary changes from 1900 onwards.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/libraries-archives/access-archives-local-studies-library/research-guides/boundary-changes

Thanks.

I’ve had a good think about the Beedham fellow and think his name was Tom.

21 hours ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

Yes, they did. I understand that electors viewed Derbyshire as being an area of probably lower General Rates.

Aren't DCC's totals for Council Tax now higher?

I don't know. I just find it odd that right at the northern tip of Derbyshire - it is split in 2. .

North East & Bolsover. Must be some historical reason for that.

Plus - years ago (about 20...) the HQ of North East Derbyshire & Chesterfield borough were opposite sides of the same road in the centre of Chesterfield....

Tom Beedham  Snooker administrator Sheffield snooker.

Alan Beedham  Snooker player.

12 hours ago, zakes said:

Tom Beedham  Snooker administrator Sheffield snooker.

Alan Beedham  Snooker player.

Paul Bannister is the person I was talking about.

Jaunty Crescent on the Basegreen estate has the old county border at the bottom of the road. When we lived there at 29 Jaunty Crescent we were about 150 yards inside of North East Derbyshire. I went to Frecheville school, I think the county border changed in the early 1960s it is now located at Mosborough. The houses at the bottom of Jaunty Crescent were in Sheffield. The street lighting in Derbyshire were orange the ones in Sheffield were white, and the pubs opened until 10:30 pm in Derbyshire.

1 hour ago, Mick W said:

Jaunty Crescent on the Basegreen estate has the old county border at the bottom of the road. When we lived there at 29 Jaunty Crescent we were about 150 yards inside of North East Derbyshire. I went to Frecheville school, I think the county border changed in the early 1960s it is now located at Mosborough. The houses at the bottom of Jaunty Crescent were in Sheffield. The street lighting in Derbyshire were orange the ones in Sheffield were white, and the pubs opened until 10:30 pm in Derbyshire.

I thought it was 10 30 closing in Sheffield and 11 00 in Derbyshire on Mon- Sat(or just Fri-Sat) in the 70s. 10 00 on Sunday everywhere in England.