"Big cat" sighting at Bolsterstone Long lane.

It'll just be a cat.

People are very bad at judging size at distance.

I should hope my judgement of size, at approximately 20 feet away isn't that bad.

I should hope my judgement of size, at approximately 20 feet away isn't that bad.

People are also very bad at judging distance.

Ah well, can't argue with that.

It'll just be a cat.

People are very bad at judging size at distance.

Are the people you know good at anything ?

There are sightings of cats like OP described all over Peak District area.

There is even FB group about it. "Big cats in Peak District" or something like that.

savannah cats are becoming more common now (already this designer breed is making it into rescues) and some of them can be quite tall - they have serval in their mix. Also some bengals are quite big cats as are Maine Coons and Norwegian Forest Cats. Although breeders would prefer them to be kept as housecats, some are allowed to roam.

are these cats expensive to buy,do they come from america?

Sadly they’re cropping up in rescue and yet they are advertised on gumtree and preloved for silly prices (at least £900 sometimes double that) but remember this happened with bengals they were pricey to start with but once every so called breeder started cashing in... and like bengals, Savannah’s can be a bit too much for your average cat lover.

Servals and other wild cats are Lso being imported and sold (or bred).

Are the people you know good at anything ?

People are rubbish eye-witnesses generally.

I was in Bolsterstone earlier on a walk, and spotted what I can only describe as a puma. Now, I'm not completely stupid, I know that the chance of seeing such an animal in the wild, especially round these parts are practically nil. However this was a huge beast by feline standards, was about 2 foot tall on all four legs. It seemed to be staring towards us but got spooked and took off towards the farmland adjacent.

Has anyone else witnessed anything similar? Was where Long lane meets New Hall lane.

You hadnt had a few in The Castle before this sighting had you ?

I was in Bolsterstone earlier on a walk, and spotted what I can only describe as a puma. Now, I'm not completely stupid, I know that the chance of seeing such an animal in the wild, especially round these parts are practically nil. However this was a huge beast by feline standards, was about 2 foot tall on all four legs. It seemed to be staring towards us but got spooked and took off towards the farmland adjacent.

Has anyone else witnessed anything similar? Was where Long lane meets New Hall lane.

Only 37 posts and up to mischief already eh?:suspect:

---------- Post added 08-09-2018 at 10:00 ----------

There has ….supposedly :rolleyes: .....been a large cat-like creature....a Panther they say..i kid you not :rolleyes: ..seen by people around here between Todwick/Kiveton roaming the meadows for years..i and my wife have walked over these meadows for over twenty years..summer/winter and I walk across in the dark too,neither of us have ever seen anything and no-one including the dozens of people who claim to have seen it... has ever took a pic although everyone must now own a mobile with an excellent camera/video...its probably moved over to Bolsterstone :D:D

Let me get this right...

you live near Todwick/Kiveton.

You became aware that a big wild cat was on the loose, so you took your wife out on walks regularly in that area? :hihi: