"Big cat" sighting at Bolsterstone Long lane.

I was in Bolsterstone earlier on a walk, and spotted what I can only describe as a puma. Now, I'm not completely stupid, I know that the chance of seeing such an animal in the wild, especially round these parts are practically nil. However this was a huge beast by feline standards, was about 2 foot tall on all four legs. It seemed to be staring towards us but got spooked and took off towards the farmland adjacent.

Has anyone else witnessed anything similar? Was where Long lane meets New Hall lane.

I was in Bolsterstone earlier on a walk, and spotted what I can only describe as a puma. Now, I'm not completely stupid, I know that the chance of seeing such an animal in the wild, especially round these parts are practically nil. However this was a huge beast by feline standards, was about 2 foot tall on all four legs. It seemed to be staring towards us but got spooked and took off towards the farmland adjacent.

Has anyone else witnessed anything similar? Was where Long lane meets New Hall lane.

On your walk earlier did you by chance stop at any Pubs on route. :hihi:

Pumas are big cats, they are incredibly muscular and much taller than 2 feet so you would know when you saw one, that said I was once mountain biking and coming back towards Rivelin down Lodge Lane at speed noticed something in fields to my left, I stopped and cycled back up the hill for a nosey and it was cat shaped (domestic cat) but was much bigger, it sloped off into hedge, it could have been a large breed of domestic cat such as a Maine Coon, my mates Maine Coon is about 15 inches.

On your walk earlier did you by chance stop at any Pubs on route. :hihi:

I did. But only for 4 pints before driving back home ;)

In all honesty was completely sober. Was a little baffled to be honest, I mean it obviously wasn't a puma, but definitely much larger than a typical domestic cat. Also larger than any main coon I've ever seen.

Its head structure was also quite pronounced.

There has ….supposedly :rolleyes: .....been a large cat-like creature....a Panther they say..i kid you not :rolleyes: ..seen by people around here between Todwick/Kiveton roaming the meadows for years..i and my wife have walked over these meadows for over twenty years..summer/winter and I walk across in the dark too,neither of us have ever seen anything and no-one including the dozens of people who claim to have seen it... has ever took a pic although everyone must now own a mobile with an excellent camera/video...its probably moved over to Bolsterstone :D:D

seems like a large domestic cat or a feral cat of the maine type

Well we've provided The Star with a story yet again...

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/huge-beast-puma-spotted-in-sheffield-village-1-9321194

Apparently ''several years ago an expert from the Big Cats in Britain and the Centre for Fortean Zoology described South Yorkshire as a hot spot for big cat sightings.''

Comical is"nt it, Its now a HUGE BEAST!

Comical is"nt it, Its now a HUGE BEAST!

George Galway on tour?

Toby foster often talks about a big cat that he saw up that way

Savannah Cat? It's a domesticated-ish species. They must cost many thousands though.

---------- Post added 27-08-2018 at 23:39 ----------

hundreds then.

It'll just be a cat.

People are very bad at judging size at distance.