Motorbike Thieves Spotted

Saw a white Transit this evening, two guys inside, one got out with a Black Helmet on, trying to steal a bike parked on the street, White Transit,<removed>

Got pics and video of it, police informed and said " nothing much we can do " Seriosuly ?? I saw the whole thing, what foiled them apart from the number of people who came out, was the disk lok, they could not roll the bike into the Van.

So chain up your bikes people

Edited by nikki-red

Got pics and video of it, police informed and said " nothing much we can do " Seriosuly ??

Doesn't surprise me.

A few days ago we saw some dodgy folks hanging around outside out block, they opened up the salt bin and when we drove into the car park they shut it, jumped in their car and shot off.

We had a peek and found a radio unit from a Ford, wires and all in the back...bagged it up and took it upstairs, called 101 and were basically told to chuck it in out rubbish as there wasn't much they could do as there was no report. :roll:

Posting it on social media seems to be more productive than phoning the police nowadays

Unfortunately, according to a Sergeant in the force, who will remain unnamed (mostly because I've forgotten it), they have standing "no-chase" order because a lot of the thieves are just wearing balaclavas rather than helmets and the chiefs don't want them falling off in a chase.

Unfortunately, according to a Sergeant in the force, who will remain unnamed (mostly because I've forgotten it), they have standing "no-chase" order because a lot of the thieves are just wearing balaclavas rather than helmets and the chiefs don't want them falling off in a chase.

That's very considerate..

How is this relevant to a white van?

---------- Post added 23-08-2018 at 12:24 ----------

Saw a white Transit this evening, two guys inside, one got out with a Black Helmet on, trying to steal a bike parked on the street, White Transit,<removed>

Got pics and video of it, police informed and said " nothing much we can do " Seriosuly ?? I saw the whole thing, what foiled them apart from the number of people who came out, was the disk lok, they could not roll the bike into the Van.

So chain up your bikes people

You should get in contact again and ask them why they can't trace the van using the VRM and use the video you took for prosecution.

How is this relevant to a white van?

It's relevant to the topic of motorbike theft, you know the title of the thread :roll:

Doesn't surprise me.

A few days ago we saw some dodgy folks hanging around outside out block, they opened up the salt bin and when we drove into the car park they shut it, jumped in their car and shot off.

We had a peek and found a radio unit from a Ford, wires and all in the back...bagged it up and took it upstairs, called 101 and were basically told to chuck it in out rubbish as there wasn't much they could do as there was no report. :roll:

Am I missing why you can't file a police report about this? is it not the case that if you think you have witnessed a crime being committed they have to take a report from you and give a crime reference number?

It's relevant to the topic of motorbike theft, you know the title of the thread :roll:

Motorbike thieves spotted

Saw a white Transit this evening

So you think a no chase policy for people on bikes is relevant to that? :huh:

Am I missing why you can't file a police report about this? is it not the case that if you think you have witnessed a crime being committed they have to take a report from you and give a crime reference number?

Because there’s isn’t a victim probably e.g. no one has reported a car stereo nicked. It’s certainly suspicious, but how do you know for definite a crime has been committed.

Because there’s isn’t a victim probably e.g. no one has reported a car stereo nicked. It’s certainly suspicious, but how do you know for definite a crime has been committed.

Ok, but you can't apply that logic to the original post where people were observed attempting to steal a motorbike. Yet the police still refused to investigate.