New classic arrives

I used to own a bright yellow/black vinyl roof Magnum 2.3 (I think it was)

Absolute beast of a car...when it was running. It wasn't the most reliable car I've ever owned but enjoyed it very much. Loads of clocks was my first wow factor. Odd really as much as I used to love lots of clocks, my car hasn't got a single one. It's all these new fangled LCD jobs.

It would be nice to see some pictures if you can post some for us

My dad had a magnum when we were growing up I must have been around 10 or 11 at the time, it's the only car I can really remember from my childhood, keep looking on e bay for them but there aren't many around.

My first Vauxhall memory of a "Dads car" was the Vauxhall 101. It was a side step for him as it was always Morris Oxford, Wolsley and Austin that were the family bus. Then in 1973 it all changed again when he started driving for Arrow Taxis and bought a brand new Datsun 180B.

Maybe I'm just showing my age now!

I had a Vauxhall Firenza 2.3 "droopsnoot", cracking motor.

Me too, went very fast but due to setup could swap ends very quickly and the ZF box was a bit of a stir when cold !

Me too, went very fast but due to setup could swap ends very quickly and the ZF box was a bit of a stir when cold !

In the eighties I built a replica using the last available Vauxhall parts ,the only parts not available were the door cards and the rear bumper due to an unexpected tax bill I sold it to a lad from Sheffield who managed to smash it up on city road .

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=11925626 pictured here

Edited by choogling

im now having a change of heart on this classic , im fancying a car I forgot about , the cavalier sri 1986 saloon , with the cross design alloys , I saw one in killamarh on Saturday as well ,  never liked the hatchback though 

Edited by craig12

ill have to post this here as theres no classified section , ill be selling my Vauxhall magnum shortly if any interest , will be looking for £3500-£4000

£3500 ono an appreciating asset with 10 only on the roads 

Edited by craig12

So soon Craig? Pity...hope you have enjoyed the time you have had it....