Do all opticians use the same equipment?

I'm trying to find which is best opticians to go to as i haven't had an eye test in like 10 years.

Boots and Specsavers seem like the most popular choices but there is also an opticians just down the road.

Only reason i can think of to go to the big high street stores is because they may have better equipment. Anyone had a few eye tests recently and at different opticians?

I have recently had my eyes tested at Specsavers and had the usual tests, but I also had a OCT Scan, and a peripheral vision scan. Very good.

I always use Martyn Kemps- he has several branches and I find him an excellent optician . He has the latest

up to date equipment and can test for many types of eye abnormalities as well as the standard eye test. Good choice of frames as well - designer and budget range.

I always use Martyn Kemps- he has several branches and I find him an excellent optician . He has the latest

up to date equipment and can test for many types of eye abnormalities as well as the standard eye test. Good choice of frames as well - designer and budget range.

Yes, seconded, I have used them for many years and found them to be reasonably priced and have the personal touch, quite rare these days.

I'd personally say stay away from your large chains. You don't get the personalised touch, treated just as a number and don't get to see the same person so don't get a consistent approach. Had issues with both Boots and spec savers but have to go where work pays. Your local independent will look after you better and give you more personalised service

I've used a lot of the cheap options, Kemp, Asda etc and I'm quite happy with all of them, In and out in 15 - 20 minutes all done, Then my Company paid for me to have an eye test, what a difference, 45+ minutes more or less, talk about being thorough. The truth of the Question is this - You only have one pair of eyes, do you want to be a number or a valued customer, if the latter i'd recommend you pay a reputable company.

Martin Johnson on Hillsborough do a very thorough eye test and they have all the up to date equipment, I don't know the names of these machines but they can detect if there's any sort of tumour lurking about in the head.

I'm trying to find which is best opticians to go to as i haven't had an eye test in like 10 years.

Boots and Specsavers seem like the most popular choices but there is also an opticians just down the road.

Only reason i can think of to go to the big high street stores is because they may have better equipment. Anyone had a few eye tests recently and at different opticians?

I always use Specsavers at Hillsborough as they have special machines to look behind the eye.

I think they all pretty much do the same tests but some will take a little longer and be a little more thorough.

I have been seeing opticians since I was 3 years old and also had twice yearly check ups at the Childrens Hospital eye department - I have a very complicated prescription. My eyesight is so poor I don't pay for eye tests.

Personally, I wouldn't touch the chain opticians such as Specsavers or Vision Express with a barge pole. Your eyesight is precious and it's important you get the best treatment.

I see Laurence Jenkinson at Woodseats - there is also a branch at Dronfield. Always takes time to check everything carefully and you never feel as though you have been rushed through.