Sheffield Bttalion Boys Brigade Camp photos 1935 -1950

Here are photos from all Sheffield Battalion Boys Brigade Camps between 1935 (Hawthorne Tower, Easington, Co Durham) , 1947-1949 all at Bridlington (Shffield Battalion's own site) & 1950 Beaumaris, North Wales.

The photos were in the album of the late Eric Foster, boy & Officer in 53rd Sheffield Company, Grimesthorpe Wesleyan Reform Church, who attended all the camps pictured. I am indebted to Alan Foster, Eric's younger brother for donating the album to me.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/160182105@N03/5Tr85G

Edited by johnpm

Here are photos from all Sheffield Battalion Boys Brigade Camps between 1935 (Hawthorne Tower, Easington, Co Durham) , 1947-1949 all at Bridlington (Shffield Battalion's own site) & 1950 Beaumaris, North Wales.

The photos were in the album of the late Eric Foster, boy & Officer in 53rd Sheffield Company, Grimesthorpe Wesleyan Reform Church, who attended all the camps pictured. I am indebted to Alan Foster, Eric's younger brother for donating the album to me.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/160182105@N03/5Tr85G

Hi johnpm - I think you have got one better quality battalion one than I have got. fleetwood

Hi johnpm - I think you have got one better quality battalion one than I have got. fleetwood

Hi Jack, Hope you are reasonably well & have enjoyed seeing the photos. John

Hi Johnpm, Thanks For Your Great Pics, I loved My Time In The Boys Brigade

In The Late 1959/60 At The Reform Chaple Grimesthorpe 4.

I Knew A Few Faces On The Photos, They Sort OF Look Better In Black/White.

Thanks For Putting Them On. Cheers Johnpm

Hi Johnpm, Thanks For Your Great Pics, I loved My Time In The Boys Brigade

In The Late 1959/60 At The Reform Chaple Grimesthorpe 4.

I Knew A Few Faces On The Photos, They Sort OF Look Better In Black/White.

Thanks For Putting Them On. Cheers Johnpm

Hi Brian1941, glad you enjoyed the photos. Not yet found anyone who recognises anyone we didn't already now.

Best wishes, John

Hi I wonder if you can help me solve a long held memory issue ?I was in the Boys Brigade around 67 to 69 in a troup that ran from Creswick Greave church hall just off Yew Lane at Parson Cross and have a memory of going to a sports day ,I have a feeling it was in front of a big house and I seem to think it was in the Firth Park area but really have no idea to be honest ,just the memory of the sports day , a big house and the vague belief we travelled there using the number 17 bus . Any ideas? Thanks

Hi I wonder if you can help me solve a long held memory issue ?I was in the Boys Brigade around 67 to 69 in a troup that ran from Creswick Greave church hall just off Yew Lane at Parson Cross and have a memory of going to a sports day ,I have a feeling it was in front of a big house and I seem to think it was in the Firth Park area but really have no idea to be honest ,just the memory of the sports day , a big house and the vague belief we travelled there using the number 17 bus . Any ideas? Thanks

I think Creswick Greave BB was 62nd Sheffield. I was i 53rd at Grimesthorpe Wesleyan Reform but Dave Bennett Captain of 62nd was a good friend. In 1974 he asked me to go & help as he was on his own so I did & enjoyed it at Creswick Greave - great bunch of lads with good NCO's . In 1975 Dave's job moved from Sheffield so I kept Company going until July 1976 when my job also moved away & the company sadly had to close.

Was Dave Bennett there when you were?

I suspect your memory could have been of a 4th District Sports cometition which was held annually. Around that time venues used were Firth Park Grammer school playing fields & Hinde House school. Can't remember others but someone else might.

Best wishes, John

Edited by johnpm

Hi yes the 62nd rings a bell ,but dont think it was Dave Bennett it was a married couple who used to run it but I cant recall the names

The idea of it being one of those schools makes sense as Ive always thought it was Firth Park area .Thanks for replying its been useful