Breakfast suggestions

Hi all

Going out for a drink a couple of weeks on Friday with a few mates, trying to plan ahead for a hearty breakfast on the Saturday morning.

Now easy you think, but I've a feeling that for the proposed clientele, smashed avocado and toast served on a chopping board isn't quite going to be what is required, so what I'm after is recommendations for a good old fashioned full English breakfast, greasy spoon style.

Anyone got any recommendations please?

Brunch & lunch Matilda street or Lynn's pantry on Surrey street.

The retro mod greasy spoon on Abbeydale Road is good. I think it's called Okeh Cafe. £5 for the full breakfast plus tea in a mug. On Sundays it seems to be the meeting place for a mod group, a bunch of old dudes on vespas and lambrettas, both other days are fine.

---------- Post added 17-08-2018 at 15:06 ----------

At the other end of the spectrum I had a great fryup at the New Zealand place, Temper (?) on Arundel Street in the city. Not cheap, but very very good quality ingredients.

Look at The Depot Bakery. You'll never go anywhere else.

Take a gentle trip out into the Peak District and sit outside at the Grindleford station cafe, where breakfast comes with a pint of tea and a fried slice.

Look at The Depot Bakery. You'll never go anywhere else.

In my opinion, not great, overpriced, wouldn't rush back.