Terror Attack Outside Parliament.

And family.

I think I read somewhere that he had recently lost his father and his brother in quick succession which couldn't have helped matters. :(

Yes, of course, family - I think that would be a good place to start for anyone wishing to research the decline of our society, its accumulating problems and how to address them.

I see the apologists are out in force, finding excuses for his actions and of course, it's all the fault of British society. He failed his exams-if only the university had used positive discrimination to let him pass, this would never have happened. He was rejected by the economic system, he was disaffected, he's lost family members and of course, that's how normal civilised people behave when that happens and the old chestnut-mental health problems which is the excuse usually trotted out. No doubt we'll soon be hearing that he was failed by British society and he's being given money to pay for a human rights lawyer who'll get him a big compensation package and a six bedroom house in the best part of London to help him integrate. You couldn't make it up.

I see the apologists are out in force, finding excuses for his actions and of course, it's all the fault of British society. He failed his exams-if only the university had used positive discrimination to let him pass, this would never have happened. He was rejected by the economic system, he was disaffected, he's lost family members and of course, that's how normal civilised people behave when that happens and the old chestnut-mental health problems which is the excuse usually trotted out. No doubt we'll soon be hearing that he was failed by British society and he's being given money to pay for a human rights lawyer who'll get him a big compensation package and a six bedroom house in the best part of London to help him integrate. You couldn't make it up.

You just have.

I see the apologists are out in force, finding excuses for his actions ....

Apologists for what, exactly?

The massed resources of the British state have been working round the clock to find out what happened since Tuesday, yet some posters on this thread seem to have it all cut and dried and worked out already.

I've said it before in a post which seems to have been deleted, but certain posters on here are absolutely desperate for the guy to be charged with a terror related offence as it fits in with their own twisted political ends.

The longer this goes on, the more and more likely it becomes that he will not be charged with anything but instead detained under the Mental Health Act.

I see the apologists are out in force, finding excuses for his actions ........

Excuse me, but I am certainly not an apologist and not looking for excuses but rather would prefer it if we identified and dealt with evidence-based reasons for these kind of actions some of which have been mentioned. Of course, in the main, no rational person would wish to carry out these acts and this is why the proper reasons need to be identified and discussed.

Any one who commits an atrocity, be they white, black, brown, green or yellow are filth and less than human, choose which or what God they subscribe to. It really is as simple as that to me.

Angel1.

Apologists for what, exactly?

The massed resources of the British state have been working round the clock to find out what happened since Tuesday, yet some posters on this thread seem to have it all cut and dried and worked out already.

I've said it before in a post which seems to have been deleted, but certain posters on here are absolutely desperate for the guy to be charged with a terror related offence as it fits in with their own twisted political ends.

The longer this goes on, the more and more likely it becomes that he will not be charged with anything but instead detained under the Mental Health Act.

The post has not been deleted . You think you had it cut and dried on page one of this thread

The post has not been deleted . You think you had it cut and dried on page one of this thread

My memory must be going! :loopy:

Remind me, what was the guy charged with again?

Nobody is saying that it wasn't.

I said that the police would not have made any comment about whether he was cooperating or not.

It is true what they say about the reliability of eyewitness testimony. One guy being interviewed on a number of TV stations has said that the car was being driven at high speed, 'at least 50mph'. This claim was repeated by a number of news organisations. If you actually look at the CCTV footage and it is in real time, which it looks to be, the car was probably doing no more than 15 or 20 miles per hour at the time it hit the barrier.

The police did comment about him not cooperating , they also gave his age and where he lived , although you said they would do none of these things in an earlier thread . Seems you know more about this ,than the police

The police did comment about him not cooperating , they also gave his age and where he lived , although you said they would do none of these things in an earlier thread . Seems you know more about this ,than the police

First off, the police comment about him not cooperating did not come from the Met but Scotland Yard which is usually a euphemism for 'unofficial briefing'. There is no operational advantage to be gained by claiming that someone is not cooperating which can mean anything from being in a coma to 'no commenting' an interview. There is no lawful obligation for anyone to cooperate with the police after arrest and I suspect that this briefing was either sloppy PR or politically motivated to push the same idea that you are trying to push.

Secondly, they did not give his age and where he lived. This was first released by the press and social media and later confirmed by 'government sources' which probably means the Home Office, not the police. He was only named by police once he was further arrested for attempted murder.

No I don't know more about this than the police but I do know more about it than you. And you may think that I'm being picky but in these days of fake news and 'evidence free' comment, it is more important than ever to be as precise as possible in these matters.

He may well turn out to be a terrorist but at the moment, apart from the facts of what happened on the day itself, there is NO evidence to suggest that his actions were motivated by any terrorist intent other than that he is black, had a foreign sounding name and came here as an asylum seeker.

For some on here, that seems to be enough! :suspect:

Please leave the :suspect: out of it . The fact is like it or not, the police were treating it as a terrorist incident . Please leave out the racist angle . People are rightly upset by this incident . I will leave it there

hes been charged

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45236971

Three people were injured in the incident which is being treated by prosecutors as terrorism due to the location, methodology and alleged targeting of civilians and police officers.