Low flying airliner midday

Did anyone see the plane that flew very low over Sheffield today? It came over Ecclesall Rd about 12:18 from West to East then sharply banked Southbound. Looked like a large commercial airliner, very unusual flight behaviour

Did anyone see the plane that flew very low over Sheffield today? It came over Ecclesall Rd about 12:18 from West to East then sharply banked Southbound. Looked like a large commercial airliner, very unusual flight behaviour

Lot of flights were put into holding after storms affected Manchester.

Edited by cgksheff

It was an Emirates A380 which can carry over 500 passengers at 7000 feet. If you ever get the chance to fly in one it is the only way to travel.

I saw this from Meadowhall retail park! Just saw it turning and then disappeared into the cloud I thought it was an A380 because of the 4 engines but then wondered if I was imagining it! Great aircraft to travel in ?

Download the flight 24 app for mobiles. It is a great app if you like planes. It tells you the flights above you.

Flew to New Zealand business class on Emirates A380. Fantastic experience.

The Emirates a380 is a regular sight over our house in s5... i have a nikon p900 camera with 83 x zoom but even without it you can clearly see what it is just because of the shear size of it..... amazing engineering.

Live in birley Carr and can see flights as they come over from Manchester quite low,bout 12000 ft.Have got flightradar24 app on iPad and can tell you what plane it is,where it took off from and where going to,also flight take off times and estimated landing times,it's great for plane watchers.

Download the flight 24 app for mobiles. It is a great app if you like planes. It tells you the flights above you.

I've got the app, it's great , but I didn't have my phone on me yesterday . A380 flies right over our house every night I always look out for it!

I was parked up at the strines listening to them on my scanner and watching them on Flightradar, interesting stuff.