A new micropub in Hillsborough

1 hour ago, dacrlit said:

I hope to get in it before it closes. I never got into the one on Commercial Street.

You didn't miss anything. I thought the whole point of micropubs was that they offered something different, rare beers unavailable elsewhere not just more of the same old but with only one table, one toilet and a premium price.

This is round the corner from me, I've been so busy lately that I've not even noticed it... will have a look. I've been hoping for a decent place for a while in the area. Although if it is focussed on gin/wine it probably isn't what I want.

Is this the place you are talking about in Hillsborough?

https://www.exposedmagazine.co.uk/food-drink/bars/brass-monkey-micropub-opens-in-hillsborough/

If so, looks OK. Interesting to note that they are opening bars in Kelham and the City Centre as well, with the latter claimed to be the largest of it's type in town. So that makes me wonder where it could go. Thought most of Pinstone Street was being redeveloped?

4 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

The largest micro pub?

Thought you were good at reading articles? This isn;t even a particularly long one... :)

Biggest Craft Beer and Gin Bar...  That'll have to be pretty large then if they're considering the Dev Cat to be of the same ilk!  I was going to say the Head of Steam as well, but that's not so strong on the gins.

1 minute ago, Cyclone said:

Biggest Craft Beer and Gin Bar...  That'll have to be pretty large then if they're considering the Dev Cat to be of the same ilk!  I was going to say the Head of Steam as well, but that's not so strong on the gins.

That was kinda my point :)

And also wondered where they were gonna put it on Pinstone Street? Especially if they DO have a distillery in it.

Not a terrible location, very central.  I'll be sure to check it out if it opens, breaks up the journey between Rutland Arms and the top of West Street quite nicely.

The Maplin building is available now isn't it?  And did the supermarket close as well?

Edited by Cyclone

1 minute ago, Cyclone said:

Not a terrible location, very central.  I'll be sure to check it out if it opens, breaks up the journey between Rutland Arms and the top of West Street quite nicely.

The Maplin building is available now isn't it?  And did the supermarket close as well?

Yes. Thats what I thought. Maplins surely wouldnt be big enough, but i had forgot about the supermarket as WH Smith had moved in, but of course now out again. Would be nice if it was of the old banks - across from Town Hall or the one further up. They are just nicer buidings than a square box with windows at one end.

There's the corner unit as well, that used to be a Philips shop, not sure if it's empty now.

15 hours ago, Cyclone said:

There's the corner unit as well, that used to be a Philips shop, not sure if it's empty now.

Ignore me abouit the banks. I somehow had it in my head that Pinstone treet went around the corner past the Town Hall, but of course that is Surrey Street, where the closed banks are. The only Panasonic shop (maybe you mean?) is now a Co-op Bank and the one on the other corder is a Barclays. So yes, I presume it could only be Maplins or the old supermarket.

On ‎19‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 05:26, tzijlstra said:

This is round the corner from me, I've been so busy lately that I've not even noticed it... will have a look. I've been hoping for a decent place for a while in the area. Although if it is focussed on gin/wine it probably isn't what I want.

I went past yesterday at about 5pm, the place looked to be buzzing.  Have you been in yet?