A new micropub in Hillsborough

6 minutes ago, DerbyTup said:

I'm all for new micropubs, I hope they have cask beers and not just keg.  I somehow can't see me frequenting this one though if it's out Hillsborough way.  It's the wrong side of town for me.  

I wonder if the residents of Winn Garden's will appreciate it?  

Nice bit of snobbery there, well done.

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, DerbyTup said:

I'm all for new micropubs, I hope they have cask beers and not just keg.  I somehow can't see me frequenting this one though if it's out Hillsborough way.  It's the wrong side of town for me.  

I wonder if the residents of Winn Garden's will appreciate it?  

Why wouldn’t they?

38 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Why wouldn’t they?

Well, it's a heavily deprived area, so the average income is low, so they're unlikely to be interested in expensive niche beers.

Has this opened yet?  The thread was started back in August.

48 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

Well, it's a heavily deprived area, so the average income is low, so they're unlikely to be interested in expensive niche beers.

It's been open for almost 2 weeks, it has had plenty of interest, they have a very active Facebook profile with  plenty of updates and photos.

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

Why wouldn’t they?

Perhaps because it's a fair trek away from Winn Gardens? I don't think Derby Tup's knowledge of the geography of north Sheffield is that good.

Edited by Longcol

11 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Perhaps because it's a fair trek away from Winn Gardens? I don't think Derby Tup's knowledge of the geography of north Sheffield is that good.

It's not like they have many closer options though.  I'm guessing that if price is a priority then they go as far as Hillsborough corner and won't be tempted to stop at a relatively pricey micro pub on the way.

51 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

It's not like they have many closer options though.  I'm guessing that if price is a priority then they go as far as Hillsborough corner and won't be tempted to stop at a relatively pricey micro pub on the way.

Probably only The Park these days - but you're right - hopping a bus or tram to Hillsborough Corner much more likely than a  half mile walk to a micro pub.

Rumour of a second micro pub opening opposite B & M the old pet shop.

Guest makapaka
5 hours ago, Cyclone said:

Obviously that’s just a generalisation with no substance but if you want to excuse obvious snobbery that’s up to you.

Real ales available on my visit were Belgian Blue and another one I can't quite remember.  Definitely not craft, as compared to places like Bar Stewards, Ecclesall Ale Club etc. It's more of a wine/gin bar than a beer bar IMO. However, they've done a good job with the pub and I wish them well.

No idea why Derby Tup is bringing Winn Gardens into this - the pub is much closer to Hillsborough Corner than there and will be getting most of their patrons from the local housing in Hillsborough proper.

This thread is about a new pub, it is not an excuse to post off topic derogatory remarks about people living in certain areas of Sheffield.
Posts have been removed, either stay on topic or refrain from posting.

I hope to get in it before it closes. I never got into the one on Commercial Street.