Piano in Sheffield Station -

Hi,

Pianos in train stations are brilliant - people love to play them and they are great to listen to. There are 2 right next to each other in Sheffield train station but they are almost non-functional now. The pedals don't work and a lot of keys make no sound!

Does anybody have any ideas, or know anyone that might be getting rid of an old, but functional piano that we could replace one of them with!?

great to hear the old piano playing away ,it gives the place a vibe,that cant be bad

great to hear the old piano playing away ,it gives the place a vibe,that cant be bad

As long as the person playing is a proper pianist.

It's moving the chuffs to the station.

British heart foundation shops have a couple.

Hi,

Pianos in train stations are brilliant - people love to play them and they are great to listen to. There are 2 right next to each other in Sheffield train station but they are almost non-functional now. The pedals don't work and a lot of keys make no sound!

Does anybody have any ideas, or know anyone that might be getting rid of an old, but functional piano that we could replace one of them with!?

If they don't work, isn't there a busk replacement service?

Facebook buy & sell pages or Ebay (doing a local search) would be your best bet.

This lovely old thing is just 99p!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Upright-Piano/273388736584?hash=item3fa73d1048:g:u7EAAOSwcZ9bZY9r

That's for a moving service, and I very much doubt it's 99p (and if it is, I wouldn't trust them moving a piano, or trust them not to nick it).

That's for a moving service, and I very much doubt it's 99p (and if it is, I wouldn't trust them moving a piano, or trust them not to nick it).

Hmmm... :huh:

... I wonder if it's

? :D

Or these two.

Classic gold.

I understand a piano tuner calls in from time to time to see what he can do to keep them going? They take a lot of hammer! One of them had been pensioned off from a similar role at St Pancras when they got a better one.

Some people seriously play them, but others just mess about. There's a pensioner who may come from the Barnsley area and plays for quite long periods.

I understand a piano tuner calls in from time to time to see what he can do to keep them going? They take a lot of hammer! One of them had been pensioned off from a similar role at St Pancras when they got a better one.

Some people seriously play them, but others just mess about. There's a pensioner who may come from the Barnsley area and plays for quite long periods.

I've heard the pensioner and he plays a good tune out of an old piano. Bet he sounds good on a decent piano.