Summer is here and the neighbours have the stereo on full blast

Yeh contact the council they can do a noise survey and *maybe* if they don't sort it out get them evicted for noise pollution.

I complained about my previous neighbour and the council were brill, ,for once!> and sorted it out straight away.

Just pop into your local office and have a word!

Good luck.

they don't seem the reasonable type, as they've already had a go at me about my cats ( i have 3 ) they have one teenager, so no young kids of their own to have an early bed time. i wouldn't play loud music back because there are a lot of elderly people living on these blocks and i don't want to add to the problem they are your worst of the worst chavs.

I'd still try to have a word with them. Hopefully you took on borad their commenst about your cats and if you did that 's the angle of approach. Speak with the other neighbours to see if they are also suffering.

I hate it when people blast loud music late at night when i've been up since around 5.45am to get ready for work. As long as they're happy they don't give a damn.

you're right Yami Ali that seems to be the attitude they have, yet they complained to me that my cats were meowing too loudly at night !!!!! so since then i daren't let them out at night for fear of reprisals, what a sad world we live in.

I live in Gleadless Valley and have noticed some people in the next row up to mine screaming and shouting and generally making a din. I was thinking myself of reporting them to the Council - does it make a difference whether they are council tenants or own their house?

You have to keep a diary anyhow - they won't do sweet fa without one ~_~

Perhaps there should be a law to limit peoiple to enjoying themselves only between certain hours, like 11am to 1pm ?

As an alternative, arrange for your kids to be babysat for a couple of nights by an understanding friend/relative, and START playing really loud music at the same time as theirs stops....

Perhaps there should be a law to limit peoiple to enjoying themselves only between certain hours, like 11am to 1pm ?

I don't think people are trying to say that they should limit people's enjoyment. The problem is that most people nowadays, have no respect or consideration for other people and have the attitude of "I do want I want and I don't give a damn about anyone else".

I don't mind people having fun, but just wish they would have more consideration on how their behavour affects other people and keep the noise down, especially when it gets to bedtime for most people.

MORON, :loopy:

Do the same and they will see that that kind of behaviour isn't acceptable.

Totally agree. Do the same back, only make sure that when you hurl something back to them, its a whole chicken and not just a piece, they'll soon get the message, (hopefully).