Summer is here and the neighbours have the stereo on full blast

It shows the weather is warm as our neighbours think everyone wants to listern to their music ! it goes on from mid morning and stays on 'till around 11.15 pm , i have a 2 year old who i can't get up to bed because of the noise, yesturday they had a barbeque and hurled a lump of chicken which just missed my little daughter and two of her friends. when the music did die down last night, they seamed to be running around the house up and down the stairs shouting and screaming at the tops of their voices . can anyone advise me on what i should do, i'm at the end of my rope with them , it's makes me feel like a prisoner in my own home , and when i go out i just don't want to come home.

I'd suggest a quiet word at first, pointing out your kids can't get to sleep, sure they appreciate this having kids of their own etc.

If they're not the sort to listen, a complaint to the environmental Health section of the council about noise nuisance.

It shows the weather is warm as our neighbours think everyone wants to listern to their music ! it goes on from mid morning and stays on 'till around 11.15 pm , i have a 2 year old who i can't get up to bed because of the noise, yesturday they had a barbeque and hurled a lump of chicken which just missed my little daughter and two of her friends. when the music did die down last night, they seamed to be running around the house up and down the stairs shouting and screaming at the tops of their voices . can anyone advise me on what i should do, i'm at the end of my rope with them , it's makes me feel like a prisoner in my own home , and when i go out i just don't want to come home.

Do the same and they will see that that kind of behaviour isn't acceptable.

they don't seem the reasonable type, as they've already had a go at me about my cats ( i have 3 ) they have one teenager, so no young kids of their own to have an early bed time. i wouldn't play loud music back because there are a lot of elderly people living on these blocks and i don't want to add to the problem they are your worst of the worst chavs.

I took my car into an Auto body shop at one time, these place they usually blast out either Rock or Country music, this one place was playing Opera:o

you'll probably find that the council can help, but it can be quite a long process from what i understand.

neighbour problems are always a nightmare.

if i were you i'd go round and point out that you have young children who can't get to sleep because of the noise. be reasonable with them at first then if they refuse to do anything tell them that you are going to keep a diary of their noise activities to pass on to the police and the council.

to be honest though it will probably calm down because they have to work tomorrow.

We had this kind of problem for years. Next door had two boys and one of them used to play their music really early every morning so it woke us up and it wasnt even good music either! it was the Beastie Boys, "You've Got To Fight For Your Right To Partyyyy!!" and even now i hate that song! me mum and dad used to get really ****** about it and they complained to the council and used to bang against the wall and that seemed to do it. although the fact that they've both left the house is prob why we don't have this problem anymore!

Meanwhile, now im 18 i play my music and blare the TV really loud!!!! hehehe

sweet.......

E mail the council & complain,the address can be found on the council website,good luck.

its ok to play music loud for a barbie, but all the time is crap..........!

if they do it every night, i fink you should organise a party for the forum members..... play loud music and just be loud also put on sum food!

i reckon we will all come!

what ya reckon everyone.............?

if that fails send lads round lol.......

never fails

thanks base that reply has cheered me up ,and sounds like a really fun idea !

thinking back you know i can remember annoying one of my mums neighbours by playing Motorhead really loud, that was back in the dim and distant past when i was young and sterios came in a sort of suitcase contraption and played 45s , oh dear it's all coming back to me .............

I have a 2K system.....think the neighbours would complain ?