Collective stupidity

A) who's going to move to the moon?!

we can't even persuade people to move to Barnsley.

and Barnsley's nice.

B) how would that even help?

I'd rather live on the Moon than Barnsley. :)

An awful ot of this hinges on equality and sharing resources equitably across the globe.

That's not going to go down well with some...

No it isn't. You won't want to share finite resources any more than I would or you'd be sharing your house with a load of refugees.

I'd rather live on the Moon than Barnsley. :)

And all that green cheese to eat, enough to sustain us for centuries.

You could interview someone but if midway through the interview someone interrupted them and started talking about love island/brexit/football - you've lost them.

People are comfortable, we aren't wrestling each other in the street for a can of beans. We are going to remain so for a while. Until the world has something catastrophic happen to it (and by "world" I mean the developed world) nothing will ever change for the better. You can't tell the developing world to watch it's carbon emissions or stop shooting rhinos because we did both for years. It will take a catastrophic global event that shaves off - at least - 10% of the population to make it happen.

If you want to see how it could work, dig out Utopia - it was on channel 4 a few years back ;)

True, but it's 2018 and we have food banks, not only in the Third World but here in the UNITED KINGDOM.

Asda has recently started putting all their lovely Veg in PLASTIC BAGS.

True, but it's 2018 and we have food banks, not only in the Third World but here in the UNITED KINGDOM.

But we have food banks, a place where you can get food for free - that's AFTER your state benefits have gone/been stopped/etc. You might need to queue for it but you won't have to kill someone for it.

Asda are stupid. I'm stupid for using them, more stupid in fact - which sort of highlights the problem.

But we have food banks, a place where you can get food for free - that's AFTER your state benefits have gone/been stopped/etc. You might need to queue for it but you won't have to kill someone for it.

Asda are stupid. I'm stupid for using them, more stupid in fact - which sort of highlights the problem.

You can't simply walk up to a food bank, you have to be referred.

You can't simply walk up to a food bank, you have to be referred.

By referred, you mean you don't have to fight someone, and by food bank you mean a place with actual food not empty shelves?

Still seems a long way from being the apocalypse need to turn the planet around!

What sort of percentage of the population use food banks?

As a reference point, India has 101 billionaires - the 4th highest in the world and has 14.5m malnourished people living there. Much changing for the greater good over there? Nope!

We had enough wealth in 2008, but there were starving people back then.

Other peoples wealth is not the issue, the issue is things like family breakdown, poor mental health and drugs.

We haven't even set foot on the moon in the last 45 years, so it seems highly unlikely that we'll be colonising it in another 50. It will be a wonder if we've even got a single human to Mars in that time, I seriously doubt it.

I think Padders was being ...well.... Padders.:hihi:

I think Padders was being ...well.... Padders.:hihi:

And Stephen Hawkins was being... well...Stephen Hawkins.

A) who's going to move to the moon?!

B) how would that even help?

I'm not moving there; there's just no atmosphere.

I'm not moving there; there's just no atmosphere.

Frank Sinatra wanted to go.